Transfer to Tilbury

cadreamer

Does anyone have information on getting from Heathrow/ London to Tilbury independently? We will fly into Heathrow 2 days before the cruise begins.I am wondering what the best way is to get to the ship in Tilbury. Thanks.

Or you can more cheaply take the train. The stop you want is Tilbury Town. You will have to change trains at Fenchurch Street station. I emailed the port liason, she says there is a shuttle that takes people from the train station every half hour over to the ferry terminal (which is next to the cruise terminal), or there are taxis available at the station which can drive you to the ship, or it is a 15-20 minute walk. However, I did find out that one of the main ferries is no longer running, so I am not sure what that means for the ferry shuttle bus. We will probably just walk it, since our luggage has wheels.

Judy

I agree with Brian_uk, you do not want to walk to the docks. Also although JudyA says that it is a change of train at Fenchurch Street it's not that simple. Coming from Heathrow you'll need to catch the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station, then catch a taxi to Fenchurch Street Station (which is the other side of London), before you can join the train to Tilbury, and then catch ataxi from there. To be honest if it were me I would contact a taxi / limo company before I left home and arrange a transfer direct from Heathrow to Tilbury, it won't cost much more than the seperate parts of two trains and a taxi across London and will be much more comfortable and convenient.

I used to live not too far from Tilbury and had a friend that said if the world had Haemorrhoids they'd be in Tilbury, now that might be a little strong but you get the idea.

Archived