Liberty nite club

mom2NnB

Come along and say hi, let me know what the song is and if we have it, i'll play it... you may even see a congratulations spelt out on the TV screens for you!!! :D

how does a dj on a ship work for wedding? the planner doesnt give out much information. do we make a list ahead of time? make a cd?

how does a dj on a ship work for wedding? the planner doesnt give out much information. do we make a list ahead of time? make a cd?

If you want specific songs playing then I would suggest you bring CDs with those tracks on. You can always request songs but cannot guarantee we will have it so if it is anything specific that you want to hear, then the safe bet is to bring with

The DJ needs to cater to the floor not just one person, so in that sense it IS your vacation but have fun with whatever teh DJ is playing as long as the music is good!

It has been my experience that the best DJ's are those that get the pulse of their audience, not those who work from a pre-determined playlist.

Going to a club at home is not the same as going to a club at sea. At home you go to a club that features the type of music you enjoy, at sea the DJ must be prepared for a more diverse crowd. I have always found the Carnival DJ's to be very accomodating when it comes to requests. I think they get it.;)

"It has been my experience that the best DJ's are those that get the pulse of their audience, not those who work from a pre-determined playlist."

I never once said anything resembeling that comment. A true DJ can read and crowd and play to keep the floor rotating on the floor and to the bar. If you didn't know bar sales are linked to how the DJ plays great songs but also changes it up to a different genre that some may not like, that is a chance for them to go get a drink and sustain bar sales. I'm not going to get into another post about DJ'n. Go ask for your songs and have a blast

"It has been my experience that the best DJ's are those that get the pulse of their audience, not those who work from a pre-determined playlist."

jfree- you can quote a certain post using the quote button on the bottom of each post.

just click the quote link anf the post will sow up in a new post-- take out what is not needed but make sure you leave the begining and end qouate brackets

Just wanted to say hello. I too am a DJ for Carnival Cruise Lines and will be joining DJ Eddy July 21st on the Liberty to work. Some of you may have caught me on the Fascination within the past 7-8 months.

Anyhow, Hello again to everyone and look foward to seeing you all onboard! Come say hi! :)

DJ Brent

If you want specific songs playing then I would suggest you bring CDs with those tracks on. You can always request songs but cannot guarantee we will have it so if it is anything specific that you want to hear, then the safe bet is to bring with

My daughter was planning to bring a few CD's where they want specific songs played at the wedding reception.

John & Shari

My daughter was planning to bring a few CD's where they want specific songs played at the wedding reception.

John & Shari

No problem, at a wedding reception it is best to bring some CD's... that way we know what you want to hear rather than guessing and sometimes getting it wrong. I once had a reception where the crowd didn't bring any music and just said play anything. I played the cha cha slide and the bride said i'd ruined the wedding :eek:

If she would have said something i'd happily not play the cha cha slide

Archived