Questions about Freedom

dfishner

I have done only one carnival ship which was the Sensation ions ago and have been doing RCL over the last couple of years. We are looking at doing a Western Med cruise in 08 and was pricing out Carnival Freedom against Legend of the Seas for a 12 day. The prices are similar actually Carnival is a few hundred less. Can anyone tell me about the Freedom, I did see some pictures and the ship looks fantastic very different from the Sensation. I know the legend is an older ship and we tend to like the newer ones with lots to do. Any help would be appreciated.

The Freedom is a Conquest class ship. It is more than 50% bigger than the Sensation. It also has more room per passenger than the Sensation (37 for the Freedom, 34.3 for the Sensation). The Freedom is new, and thus has the latest gadgets, while the Sensation is older and does not have as many gadgets. For example, the Freedom is loaded with balcony cabins while the Sensation does not have any cat 8 cabins. The Freedom's slide is separate (but next to) the pool, so people in the pool don't have to worry about having someone drop in on them. The Freedom's rear pool has a sliding cover, so you can even swim when it is raining (though you get wet either way, so I am not sure what the point is). Also, the Freedom has one of those large screens that can show movies day or night. I don't have any pictures of the Freedom, but I do have pictures of other Conquest class ships that will give you an idea of what the Freedom has to offer ...

The side is full of balcony cabins (the Sensation has none) ...

Glory-starboardside.jpg

The slide and pool deck area ...

Sundeckstretch.jpg

The rear covered pool ...

Glory-aftpool.jpg

This is the movie screen (only the Freedom and the Liberty have it) ...

Libertyscreen.jpg

thank you for your repsonse. I am still interested in anyone who has been on the Freedom to let me know what the ship is like. I am leaning towards the freedom over the legend of the seas it is a 12 day cruise and I am use to RCL more so then CCL. just am curious who has taken her and what there experience was like. It has been a long time since I sailed on a Carnival ship and know that they have changes quite a bit from the Fantasy class of ships.

I am a fan of RCI as well, but I would choose Carnival Freedom over Legend of the Seas in a heartbeat. No comparison. Freeodom is newer and larger with more to do, and Legend of the Seas is older and smaller. If you like the newer larger ships, go with Carnival Freedom.

I have done only one carnival ship which was the Sensation ions ago and have been doing RCL over the last couple of years. We are looking at doing a Western Med cruise in 08 and was pricing out Carnival Freedom against Legend of the Seas for a 12 day. The prices are similar actually Carnival is a few hundred less. Can anyone tell me about the Freedom, I did see some pictures and the ship looks fantastic very different from the Sensation. I know the legend is an older ship and we tend to like the newer ones with lots to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Try this link: http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free07/ship/ship.htm

Lots of pics of the Freedom there!

We did the freedom on April 7. If I had had vac time would have rebooked and done back to back. The ship was amazing the ports were unbelievable. The rooms are much more spacious than the legend. There would be no comparison. my only dilemma is whether to rebook the Freedom or do the Splendor. i think there has only been one down review and the things that that person wrote were not even in the real world. I would say they had a bad day. The staff was great and there are food selections everywhere. The ship has a good lay out and there is no problem finding chairs. There is a little drop off from Celebrity but none to RCCl.Entertainment is not as intensive as some shorter sailings because it is so port intensive but OK. For some good info go to the Freedom roll call and go to Live from the Freedom. many postings from people since the inaugural till now.

thank you for your repsonse. I am still interested in anyone who has been on the Freedom to let me know what the ship is like. I am leaning towards the freedom over the legend of the seas it is a 12 day cruise and I am use to RCL more so then CCL. just am curious who has taken her and what there experience was like. It has been a long time since I sailed on a Carnival ship and know that they have changes quite a bit from the Fantasy class of ships.

Hey

We LOVED the Freedom so much that our 12 cruise critic friends that met on the ship have ALL booked the new Splendor for Aug 2008.

Here's a link to my review and to one of my Fellow Freedom 12's review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=551274&highlight=Freedom+review This one is mine.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=510053&page=33

Enjoy

Tara

Hey

We LOVED the Freedom so much that our 12 cruise critic friends that met on the ship have ALL booked the new Splendor for Aug 2008.

Here's a link to my review and to one of my Fellow Freedom 12's review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=551274&highlight=Freedom+review This one is mine.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=510053&page=33

Tara

Enjoy

Thanks so much this was a great review with many interesting tidbits. As I mentioned I am now seriously looking at the Freedom oppose to the Legend of the seas. Freedom seems like a great ship.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate it

Archived