RCL vs. Princess

Both cruise lines are very good, but my choice is Royal for a few reasons, mostly my preferences. I love the promenade deck and love the viking crown lounge of Royal's ships. Food is about the same although the buffets I definately prefer Royal Caribbean. Both have wonderful pools and pool areas. I think the difference that would decide things for me is the fact that after 11pm Princess is very quiet with very very little to do where Royal has more choices of entertainment. Also, Royal has better bedding ensembles more comfy. Royal offers two types of alternate dining the great Chops and Portofino's. Princess has one but to us doesn't compete with Chops or Portofino's. I definately choose Royal.

We just got back from a B2B on Crown Princess and I can tell you without a doubt we prefer Royal. Lots of little things. For example:

1. Gym opens earlier on Royal

2. Love the promanade

3. Pool area on Royal is much friendlier - by this I mean on Royal the bar staff walks around with the "Drink of the Day", many of them carry drinks/trays on the head and dance and do goofy stuff. You will see none of that on Princess.

4. Buffet cafe area is by far nicer and more open on Royal. Very closed in on the Crown.

5. IMO entertainment is better on Royal.

6. Ships are brighter on Royal. Crown goes for the darker/richer look.

Just overall, we like Royal so much better. I doubt we will ever take another cruise that is not on Royal. Royal just gives us what we like best.

We are planning to leave from New York for a 9 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on either RCL Explorer of the Seas or Crown Princess.

Would you have a preference?

Have you posted the same question on the Princess board? If so,

Please let us know what you decide.

Archived