Dinner seating assignments RC Vision of the Seas 06/22/07. HELP/ADVICE needed

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if you could give me some insight/feedback/advice...really anything.

We have 17 people in my family on this cruise. We received our documents and while reviewing it we discovered what has the potential to be a problem.

Background: My cousin and her son have a) never seen the ocean b) never been on a cruise c) never even been on an airplane :). This is her son's high school graduation gift. He will even be missing high school graduation to go on this cruise (which was his idea).

We have all booked first dinner seating at 6:00pm. Somehow they wound up on the late seating. We all booked together at the same time. Everyone else received first seating but they did not. We booked this cruise in June of 2006.

She is devastated. I understand to some this may not be a big deal but it is to her for the above stated reasons. This is their vacation of a lifetime.

The travel agent has said nothing she can do about it. First dinner is booked solid, she can get them on a waiting list, but not to hold their breath. She is denying any responsibility and is passing the buck to RC stating is their fault.

Is there anything we can do to get this changed? Now or on the ship?

Thanks for your help/advice it is greatly appreciated.

Have your TA verify that the bookings between the rest of the group and this one booking are "linked" -- this means that they are tied together in the RCI computer system.

2nd - have her call and if the dining is full - have them placed on the waitlist -- you never know -- I've had clients listed in the hundreds that still cleared the waitlist.

3rd - go to the dining room the minute you board the ship and find the person in charge -- tell them your situation and BEG to be moved. Usually it isn't too much trouble -- though often times the change can't be accommodated until the 2nd night. Often a slight tip helps move you along on the list.

Good Luck!

3rd - go to the dining room the minute you board the ship and find the person in charge --

Yes, this is key! We enjoy a table for two and have always been successful when talking to the maitre d's staff as soon as we board.

We've been changed from 2nd to 1st seating twice by seeing the maitre d' when we boarded the ship. You'll probably have no problem getting them changed the only problem could be with the location where they put them in the dining room (they may not be near you).

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if you could give me some insight/feedback/advice...really anything.

We have 17 people in my family on this cruise. We received our documents and while reviewing it we discovered what has the potential to be a problem.

Background: My cousin and her son have a) never seen the ocean b) never been on a cruise c) never even been on an airplane :). This is her son's high school graduation gift. He will even be missing high school graduation to go on this cruise (which was his idea).

We have all booked first dinner seating at 6:00pm. Somehow they wound up on the late seating. We all booked together at the same time. Everyone else received first seating but they did not. We booked this cruise in June of 2006.

She is devastated. I understand to some this may not be a big deal but it is to her for the above stated reasons. This is their vacation of a lifetime.

The travel agent has said nothing she can do about it. First dinner is booked solid, she can get them on a waiting list, but not to hold their breath. She is denying any responsibility and is passing the buck to RC stating is their fault.

Is there anything we can do to get this changed? Now or on the ship?

Thanks for your help/advice it is greatly appreciated.

If your cousin's reservation was made later,first seating may have filled up.

You can tell if your cousin's reservation is linked to yours by checking your confirmation - usually there is a notation near the lower left side of the RCI receipt. Does it show "linked to #########" and give the confirmation numbers of others in your group? If the link isn't there, that sounds like a TA screw-up.

LL

Archived