dawn beer helmets

MEGAWATT

• 2 weeks later...
One quick tip. Hold onto the deposit receipt for the beer helmet. You can't get your deposit back without it. We lost one, so we came home with an unexpected souvenier :rolleyes:

Since I am the proud owner of a beer helmet already I lstened this time to the bartender when he told me I needed the receipt. Last day I headed to the bar with my well used helmet and the receipt. They never asked for the receipt and processed the credit.

I am sure if I did not have it I would now own twin helmets. :D

Copper Beeches

The buckets of beer are sold at the poolside bar..they are a plastic ice bucket in the shape of a football helmut filled with five beers for around 16 or 17 dollars. There is a deposit on the ice bucket for the first round and you can return it at the end of the cruise if you save your receipt

Next time you are on the Majesty just look at the drink menu outside the coffee bar or up on the deck at the bar

Maybe they didn't offer it on my cruise, or maybe I'm being dense. I have my freestyles in front of me, and see nothing except happy hour ...

Maybe I'll just ask in April!! gotta stock that fridge;)

I've been on four NCL cruises with two more booked. Of the four I’ve completed the bar specials were sometimes printed in the Freestyle Daily then announced on the public address system other times just announcements were made.

Also if you are a Latitudes member certain bar locations will give you a Latitudes discount by showing your sail and sign card containing you latitudes #. I have made it a habit to bring a highlighter and look thru my daily and highlight any things of interest. Then try to listen and you can always make a friend on the bar staff that will be more than happy to give you a heads up on any specials planned.

Just my penny and 1/2 :)

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a month since this post was on the front page, so I'm bumping it up for all the new cruisers. This was my husband favorite tip that I found:D . My sister just came back from her trip on the Star and I did not see this special listed anywhere in her dailies. But another cruiser has a post with the menus and freestle for the Dawn from last January and it was listed there on the bottom of the inside right hand page. So I'll check my freestlye and listen to announcements. And of course, first thing my hubby does is make a bar buddy:) . It's a deal worth looking for.

13_4_6.gif Pat

Just returned from the Dawn and bought home a helmut. The selection of beers was large and besides the $5.00 deposit the beer itself was $16.00 for domestic (which included Sam Adams, just make sure you have a bottle opener) and $19.00 for the imported. Pearly Kings two-fer special or "witching hour" was from 11-12 each night and was only for domestic beers.

• 3 months later...

Archived