Solo Cruisers in the Sacramento Area

grace5

Just found this thread. I am widowed so either cruise with grandchildren or by myself. I live in Fair Oaks. One of my best experiences was transatlantic last Nov solo. I plan another by myself in April. Since I am retired I look for bargains and don't have to worry about the school year except when I want company from a grandchild. I have just used Princess and GCT. Would be great to meet with others with similar interests but I may be older than the rest of you.

Hi Jan

I think we are all various ages around here. Doesn't matter. I am waiting to hear from WCC to see what he has for an idea about meeting. We will definitely post it here!

Right. I think we are all young at heart or we wouldn't be doing the solo cruising thing.

I am also a widow. Love this cruising thing, I think you are the youngest but we all have a great common interest--our love of cruising.

We should probably find a place midway between Fair Oaks and our area for our first meeting.

I have relatives arriving Sunday for a week and I leave on Sept. 26th for Wisconsin for two weeks.

I could meet Monday Sept. 24th for a short get together. Maybe late afternoon or early evening. What works for the two of you?

WCC

The 24th is good for me....late afternoon is probably better. I get off work about 3:30....any ideas of where to meet? Between Fair Oaks and Arden Arcade is good (not sure of what is between us but I'm sure someone will know LOL)

Maybe Travelinjan has a suggestion. Are you still out there and can you meet on that date?

WCC

Spent the weekend in San Diego so that is why the delay in my reply. Besides cruising I love baseball so went there to see the games this weekend. The 24th would be fine for me. I am not real sure of what we would fine in between as I am really only acquainted with the Sunrise area but I have no problem coming to the Arden area. Jan

Spent the weekend in San Diego so that is why the delay in my reply. Besides cruising I love baseball so went there to see the games this weekend. The 24th would be fine for me. I am not real sure of what we would fine in between as I am really only acquainted with the Sunrise area but I have no problem coming to the Arden area. Jan

How about Baker's Square on Fair Oaks Blvd. between Howe and Fulton (right next to Banderas) ? Around 4p.m.?

Hi

I never thought I would consider solo cruising, but West Coast Cruiser is a friend and suggested I join the thread. I, too, am widowed, and I am retired. Except for an annual cruise, my trips are to visit an out-of state daughter and family, out of state to visit my widowed Mom, and a few trips to Las Vegas every year.

I am booked for the Diamond Princess to Hawaii in March, but my cabin mate has backed out, and I am terribly disappointed. With the single supplement, I don't see how I can justify it. But I would have liked so much to go. My cabin mate and I had done that itineraty on the Island in 2006 and immediately decided to go again. It's been booked for over a year, but she has now changed her mind.

I'd be very interested in chatting with all of you, hearing of your experiences, and and learning what, if any, cruiselines are more solo-friendly.

i am so sorry i have missed the get together. i am stuck here at work waiting for a parent to show up for a meeting. (it is now 3:55). i hope you had a wonderful time. please, if you decide to get together again, let me know the details.

again i am so sorry.....im ready to spit bb's

grace

We missed you and wondered what happened. Jan and I had a nice visit and enjoyed getting to know each other.

It would be great if we could get more people interested and have another get together.

I will be out of town for two weeks and Jan has a trip planned in November. Maybe we can try again in October.

What happened to the others who wanted to do this?

WCC

• 3 weeks later...
I too wish I had been there. The meeting was long and very unproductive. I am available in Oct except for the 12th-14th. Let me know. I think the others pooped out. I am so glad that you two got together...it's a start.

I just returned home last night after being gone for two weeks.

Let's make one more appeal to those who seemed interested in a Sacramento area get-together, especially the woman who started the idea. What happened to everyone?

WCC

Archived