Solo Cruisers in the Sacramento Area

grace5

How about Friday 10/26 at 4pm at Boudin in Loehman's Plaza?....corner of Fair Oaks and Fulton. It is where Java City used to be.

Hi All,

I'm interested in meeting up. I work on Friday, but will try to leave a little early to make the meeting. I know where Loehman's Plaza is, how will I know the group?

I just went to Alaska with friends and am interested in going solo if need be. :)

Cheers!

We cannot attend Friday as we will be out of town, but PLEASE keep us posted on what happens, and future meetings. My sister is interested in finding other women who like to cruise. Sorry we did not respond sooner, but we have had company and both been ill!

I am concerned about our meeting tomorrow. We have only two can come, and two will try, and one some other time. Might it be better to reschedule to a time more convenient for everyone. Jan

Thanks Jan,

I have a super busy day tomorrow and would really appreciate it if we could re-schedule when we can get more people together.

WCC

I was there until 4:15 and no one showed. Try again?

I think we should definitely try again. Everyone who is interested should give us some times and dates that are best for them and we can go from there.

I think the problem is that people come on here saying they are interested and then they don't come back on.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

My name is Cavan, and I saw this thread on here. I'm in the Sacramento area. I'm brand-new to cruising (well, except for a bit of research), and I'm interested in learning more about solo cruising and meeting other solo travelers. I think my first cruise will be in January on Monarch out of Long Beach. Any advice?

Hi, my name is Georganna and I love cruising. I have about 10-12 other single women here in the Sacramento area who love to travel together. October 2006 was the first cruise for many of them, but they are hooked. This past year we did a land vacation in Maui. We are planning a cruise for Oct of 2008. We have trouble getting even numbers going and usually have odd numbers to fill cabins. I would also like to do a few weekend cruises but can't get anyone else to go with me. (They want 7-days or longer) So I am very interested in this group. If you guys do another meet-up please let me know.

Happy Cruising

Hi, my name is Georganna and I love cruising. I have about 10-12 other single women here in the Sacramento area who love to travel together. October 2006 was the first cruise for many of them, but they are hooked. This past year we did a land vacation in Maui. We are planning a cruise for Oct of 2008. We have trouble getting even numbers going and usually have odd numbers to fill cabins. I would also like to do a few weekend cruises but can't get anyone else to go with me. (They want 7-days or longer) So I am very interested in this group. If you guys do another meet-up please let me know.

Happy Cruising

I think we should definitely try to meet after the first of the year. I think what has happened is people are interested in getting together and then they don't check in on this thread very often. Let's try to keep the thread alive and plan for a meeting in January. Any suggestions for a meeting place?

WCC

Hi, all. I just noticed this thread, or I would have posted sooner. I am in Redding, so it's quite a little jaunt down to Sacramento, but if you had the meeting on a weekend, I might be able to make it. I am still working, so I have to plan ahead to get time off. I try to take one or two major trips each year. Not always a cruise, but I'm leaning that way for 2008, and looking for other solo travelers to hang out with. Sounds good to me, and I'm pretty open about where I will go. Last summer I spent a month cruising around Italy, Greece, Croatia, Turkey, Tunisia, Malta, Spain, and France. Looking for something different this year. Please include me in your notifications if this group ever really becomes a reality. Chat room would work for me, too. :) I see the last post was a couple of months ago, so maybe you have a new thread. I don't have time to search for it today, but hope the moderator will direct me to the new thread, if any. Thanks. Jan

Hi, all. I just noticed this thread, or I would have posted sooner. I am in Redding, so it's quite a little jaunt down to Sacramento, but if you had the meeting on a weekend, I might be able to make it. I am still working, so I have to plan ahead to get time off. I try to take one or two major trips each year. Not always a cruise, but I'm leaning that way for 2008, and looking for other solo travelers to hang out with. Sounds good to me, and I'm pretty open about where I will go. Last summer I spent a month cruising around Italy, Greece, Croatia, Turkey, Tunisia, Malta, Spain, and France. Looking for something different this year. Please include me in your notifications if this group ever really becomes a reality. Chat room would work for me, too. :) I see the last post was a couple of months ago, so maybe you have a new thread. I don't have time to search for it today, but hope the moderator will direct me to the new thread, if any. Thanks. Jan

Nope, this is the thread. Let's keep it alive so we know people are watching it. A week end meeting would work for me.

WCC

Good Morning, A group of girls are going on a cruise over Halloween 2008 and we have an odd number going. If anyone is interested let me know, the more the merrier.

Tumbleweed623: Jan, I use to live in Lakehead and come through Redding quite often. I spent Thanksgiving weekend in Lakehead with a friend.

west coast cruiser: as for the meeting after the first of the year, I work full time for an Architect firm and from January 2 to April 15 I also prepare taxes at Jackson Hewitt. My point is, as long as I know IN ADVANCE, I can be sure to be there. It just gets hard to do something on the spur of the moment during those 4-1/2 months LOL

EnsignCruiser: Cavan, I have learned so much from the Cruise Critic boards. Once you start cruising you get hooked quick. In January are you taking the 3 or the 4 day cruise on the Monarch? I'm planning on taking the weekend 3-day for my birthday in March (if I have to go by myself) LOL The Monarch is a nice ship. But then I love all of Royal Caribbean's ships. But then to be fair I haven't cruised with any other cruise line When you find something that works, why change? LOL

Why don't we set a date for a meeting in January now?

Set the date and keep this thread alive until our meeting. That way we will keep people involved and interested. I think this would insure a good turnout.

What do you think?

WCC

Sounds like a plan to me

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry folks for being off the board for so long.:o Really no decent excuse other being kept busy with other things and not checking the thread. I thought that since I wasn't getting messages, no one was posting. But I am really pleased to see that you have kept the thread alive and that the interest is growing.:)

Anyway, I am game for having us all meet sometime this month. I am pretty much available any time, but do have other things scheduled for Saturday Jan 12 and Jan 26 - Feb 4. I live in Roseville, but any where in the Sacramento area is OK with me.

Archived