Room Service Treats  

395 members have voted

1. 1. Room Service Treats

• A full dinner served in the cabin
    • Only a light breakfast
    • A small, quick late lunch to tide me over til dinner
    • A very late night snack after closing the nightclub
    • Never use room service
    • Only use room service, because 'I vant to be alone!' :-)
    • I don't eat on a cruise, period....
    • "I bring my own coolers loaded with stuff from my fav sub shop
    • And for you Cunard fans, the 'to die for fish and chips!'

• 1 month later...
Just coffee and "light" breakfast items. I wake up early and NEED that coffee before I can open my eyes fully!

I much prefer to be out and about and socialize for other times. Maybe I would order Room Service if I weren't feeling well.

Since this is my first cruise coming up, I can't give my favorite meal but anything I don't have to prepare myself is great for me!

my 13 year old daughter is looking forward to ordering french fries at 2am just because she can......

Room service is nice. I would have liked it better if they had been on time. We ordered room service 3 times for breakfast, and it was on time only once. The other two times it was 15 min before we asked for it. We did not complain though. The first time the server apologized, but said that there were so many breakfast ordered, and he had to get them all out.
The last time, no apology. I tipped every time, regardless.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkred]Full Breakfest every morning, usually 6AM. We like to get the same waiter every morning, so get to know him first day and request that he be our breakfest steward for the duration of the cruise. It has worked out well. Service has been excellent, hot and always on time. Of Course, he becomes one that gets EXTRA tips for the accomodation.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkred]Our last breakfest steward had to shake Ed's hand last day...and asked if he could give me a hug! Really sweet young man on his first tour. :D [/color][/font]

[quote name='Greta Larsson']Room service is nice. I would have liked it better if they had been on time. We ordered room service 3 times for breakfast, and it was on time only once. The other two times it was 15 min before we asked for it. We did not complain though. The first time the server apologized, but said that there were so many breakfast ordered, and he had to get them all out.
The last time, no apology. I tipped every time, regardless.[/QUOTE]
We had the same problem, never complained and tipped generously, but on port days we felt it really was so much earlier than our requested time that room service should have been able to make other arrangements.

We always set our alarm for 15 minutes earlier than our room service requested time, to be sure we are awake and up, knowing they might be 5 minutes or so early, which we understand. (I would rather they come 5 minutes early than at the end of the half hour time period.) However, this last cruise one day we had requested 7-7:30 and the knock on the door was at 6:40!Again he said they were busy and had to start early. I thought that was a bit too early. :rolleyes:

Best Meal for me was a pajama party in our Penthouse Suite on the Amsterdam. We were traveling with friends and family. There were 6 of us all together and we had a fabulous time being served a first class dinner in our P.J.'s!

Actually, every meal in that suite was great!

I believe I read that someone has a Room Service Menu. I may even have seen it myself at one point, but have lost the link.

If any of ya'll know what I'm talking about, would you please provide the details for me?
Thank you very much! :)

• 1 month later...

Archived