Hotels in VanCouver

RCCLismyfav

Can someone tell me some hotels affordable, safe and clean that are in a good area in VanCouver British Cloumbia. Should we stay near the airport, peir or what?

We would like to stay in an area within walking distance of places to dine and places of interest. Is this possible?

If I would go on priceline what district would I choose?

Can someone tell me some hotels affordable, safe and clean that are in a good area in VanCouver British Cloumbia. Should we stay near the airport, peir or what?

We would like to stay in an area within walking distance of places to dine and places of interest. Is this possible?

If I would go on priceline what district would I choose?

We have booked at the Blue Horizon in Sept prior to our Alaska cruise. It was part of a city break type holiday package from Qantas. It is pretty central by the looks of things and looks pretty good on the net. It is close to the cruise terminal, I believe. You can check it out on the net.:D

RCC, we have used Priceline to book our accommodation in Vancouver twice. First time we got the Hyatt and most recently we got the Delta Suites which was an ideal location. We bid in the downtown area, but for more information on bidding strategies and lots of handy hints go to:

http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

We just got home from the Radiance of the Seas Pac Coastal sailing and stayed at the Times Square Suites at the corner of Robson and Denman. We originally booked a suite but were upgraded to a 1 bedroom. The hotel is small and the accommodations are very nice. Our suite was recently repainted and had a full kitchen and washer/drier. The hotel is conveniently located to Stanley Park (a couple of blocks). A little longer walk (okay a lot longer;) ) to the downtown area and Granville Island ferries. Lots of neat restaurants nearby. We felt pretty safe in the area, but as with being in any major city, you should always be careful. Hope this helps.

Anne

We're staying at the Westin Bayshore for 1 night pre-cruise. It's a lovely hotel (we stayed there in 2003), in a great location (close to Stanley Park), but it is not inexpensive. We are using Starwood points for a free stay. In previous year, a number of people got it on Priceline, but Priceline hasn't been very cooperative this year in the Vancouver area.

We just got home from the Radiance of the Seas Pac Coastal sailing and stayed at the Times Square Suites at the corner of Robson and Denman. We originally booked a suite but were upgraded to a 1 bedroom. The hotel is small and the accommodations are very nice. Our suite was recently repainted and had a full kitchen and washer/drier. The hotel is conveniently located to Stanley Park (a couple of blocks). A little longer walk (okay a lot longer;) ) to the downtown area and Granville Island ferries. Lots of neat restaurants nearby. We felt pretty safe in the area, but as with being in any major city, you should always be careful. Hope this helps.

Anne

Hi Anne,

CAn you tell me the price you paid and who did you go through to get the room?

Anne

Hi Anne,

We're staying at the Westin Bayshore for 1 night pre-cruise. It's a lovely hotel (we stayed there in 2003), in a great location (close to Stanley Park), but it is not inexpensive. We are using Starwood points for a free stay. In previous year, a number of people got it on Priceline, but Priceline hasn't been very cooperative this year in the Vancouver area.

If you are going to be in Vancouver for any amount of time, I heartily suggest a hotel close to the water and Stanley Park. Stay downtown, and you might as well be in any big city - the waterfront in Vancouver is stunningly unique. We always stay at the Bayshore, rent bikes, and ride the bikepath(right in front of the hotel) all the way around the park to Granville Island. However, if you will be arriving late the night before your cruise, it probably won't matter... but do stay intown, as opposed to near the airport.

The Hampton Suites is well located(tho not waterfront) downtown, gets good reviews, and is relatively reasonable. Stay away from the Hyatt(a frequent Priceline win) ... in my experience, the homeless are way too aggressive in that part of town.

Hi Anne,

Paid slightly under $200.00 incl. tax. They also stored our luggage while we went sightseeing. Their website is www.timessquaresuites.com. That will give you all of the information that you will need. I think that we actually called them (toll free) to make the reservation. We can't say enough good things about this place. We were very pleased.

Anne:)

We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle. It's lovely, very very nice and very clean. We used reward points but I know some people have gotten rooms here via priceline for as little as $70. Our room was about $250 but we used points. The best place to eat in downtown area is Gasstown. This area is just past Canada Place heading up water street. There wasn't much to eat close to the hotel where we stayed, but Gasstown was only a 5-10 minute walk and it was lovely!

we got the Hyatt for $75 and the Delta Suites for $80. Go to Bidding for travel and check out the names of the hotels you might get on Priceline, check out the rate they are asking for the nights you want to be there. Start bidding at maybe 45 - 50% of that price

We ate at the Old Spagetti factory in Gasstown. It was good, and priced well. Not a fancy meal, but a good one. We also had burgers at Rex steakhouse for lunch (this is in the downtown commercial/shopping area) and it was not very good. The burgers tasted like meatloaf on a bun...not recommended :)

Anne

I agree. We stayed at the Times Square Suites last September and it is a fabulous little hotel. I have other posts on this board about the place. If you would like to see some pictures of a one bedroom suite, click here.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558324395KHLZYQ?vhost=good-times

I can't say enough about the place. They really took care of us.

Archived