Star Mini Suite Questions...

We are looking to book the Star for the Mexico 8 day next spring. There are 4 of us total, our kids, 10 & 13 (girl & boy) are both growing taller by the minute.

How big is the sofa bed? Is is a true full size bed, and is it at all comfortable? Its my understanding that minis on the Star only have the sofa bed and two twins that can be made into a queen.

I think our options are either mom and dad on the sofa bed :eek: with the kids on the twins. Or, is there room if we leave the sofa bed in the sofa position for 2 twin air mattresses? Or, is the sofa in the sofa position long enough for one to sleep on with one air mattress on the floor? There is a pretty significant price difference to go to two balcony cabins, so we would prefer to stick to the mini suite if possible. I've read with the sofa bed out, there isn't much room left to crawl around, wasn't sure if we could figure something else out, or just how big the sofa really is.

Any thoughts or options anyone has would be helpful.

Mark

In the Mini-suite, the Sofa bed is a full sized bed. the suite also offers a curtain between the 2 areas. Normally they will have the bed setup as a queen when you arrive, unless you let them know otherwise. the sofa is not the most comfortable. Ask you room steward for an egg crate pad, that will help out the bed. You will only have the bed down at night so don't worry about crawling around. Forget the air mattresses. There is not that much space for 2 of those.:)

It will be a bit uncomfortable. We use to do a mini with our two young daughters. They are now 9 and 14 but would not do a mini anymore. How about a balcony with an inside across the hall. It would mean you and your wife would be sleeping in separate rooms, but everyone would be more comfortable. The sofa beds are quite hard. Click on my link to see pictures of the Star Mini-Suite and balcony rooms.

Archived