Gift suggestions for honeymooners?

flitter306

One of my very best friends is getting married in July and will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty for her honeymoon. Her and her FI have never cruised before and hadn't even planned on taking a honeymoon because they didn't think they could afford a nice vacation until next year. At my urging, they looked into Carnival cruises and wound up booking.

With my reputation at stake here, I want to arrange for a little something extra for them on the cruise as part of their wedding gift. I've checked out the Gifts section on the Carnival website and could easily fall back on a couple of things - but I was wondering if there was anything else onboard that would be great for honeymooners (i.e. spa services, dinner at the restaurant, etc.). This way I could just purchase a gift certificate and "suggest" what they use it on. (She's my best friend so I'm allowed to make such suggestions :D - and of course they can use it however they please.)

Is there any particular spa service that would be good for honeymooners? Does anyone have a price list? I have never actually checked out the spas myself. Are fun ship dollars good towards a nice, quiet dinner in the restaurant onboard? Any other suggestions?

TIA!

We were given the gift of spa. I enjoyed a deep tissue massage while DW enjoyed a facial, manicure and pedicure.

They've already paid for the cruise, as well as the excursions and they pre-paid their gratuities. They've been budgeting all year for this and I wouldn't say that they are poor - they just didn't think they could afford a nice honeymoon, until of course I suggested the cruise :)

Drink coupons or a nice gift basket are my "fallback" options. I'm wondering if there is a way to give spa services as a gift or if I need to get the funship dollars so they can go to the spa. Also, I don't know how much spa services cost. This is something I know they won't pay for themselves, but would really enjoy.

I plan on this being only a part of their wedding gift. I also plan on giving them a monetary wedding gift for whatever they want to use it on or save it for.

Obviously I posted after your last post :)

Seeing that the cruise and all the ecursions and all are already paid for, And yo are already giving a cash gift.

Then for the cruise I would suggest the FunShip Dollars. This way they can spend it any way they choose. :)

there's a service that (somehow) is still delivering onboard (as of a few weeks ago, on the Triumph...friends of mine used it and were quite pleased), they come highly recommended by many here on CC. I think it's called, "Just Because of You"...they tailor the basket to however you want it...liquor, beer, snacks, soda, wine/champagne, etc. Much cheaper than Carnival.

Here's a link to a thread here on CC with the specifics on that Gift Basket service. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=520889

We were given the gift of spa. I enjoyed a deep tissue massage while DW enjoyed a facial, manicure and pedicure.

How about a "shave of all shaves"? :eek: Did you do the facial yourself Liv. Seriously though, funship dollars is probably the way to go. I don't think you can do reservations at Harrys before you board. Also never heard of early spa reservations either.

How about a "shave of all shaves"? :eek: Did you do the facial yourself Liv. Seriously though, funship dollars is probably the way to go. I don't think you can do reservations at Harrys before you board. Also never heard of early spa reservations either.

LOL, Jess. Liv won't admit it, but i bet he got this when he went in for his deep tissue massage.:D

OP -- i vote w/ the others for funship dollars (TA will probably send them a basket, anyway). this will give them max flexibilty for spa svcs, shore excusions, whatever they might wish to do. and in all liklihood, they won't have many things planned out. things will kind of just "unfold" along the way.

i got funship dollars--1-$50.00 and 1-$25 (sine there is no $75.00ones)

the message on the certificate states to be used in Harry's Supper club

30.00pp with theadded tip- i then printed out the menu on fancy paper and included it all in the box-

explain the certificates have to be taken to the pursers desk to be applied and use the sign and sail card to buy dinner.

also included regular menus so the couple can decide what night to do dinner so they can make reservations accoringly

i got funship dollars--1-$50.00 and 1-$25 (sine there is no $75.00ones)

the message on the certificate states to be used in Harry's Supper club

30.00pp with theadded tip- i then printed out the menu on fancy paper and included it all in the box-

explain the certificates have to be taken to the pursers desk to be applied and use the sign and sail card to buy dinner.

also included regular menus so the couple can decide what night to do dinner so they can make reservations accoringly

Hey now, that's a great idea. I vote for Serenes idea.:D

Archived