Sapphire To Mexico, Golden To Hawaii in Fall '08

Phamer55

According to the Port Of Los Angeles web site, it looks as if the Sapphire will be doing 7-day Mexician Riviera cruises in the Fall of 2008. Additionally, it looks like the Golden will be doing 14-day cruises on Wednesdays; I assume these will be going round-trip to Hawaii. The website link is:

http://www.sanpedrocalendar.com/scripts/calcium310.pl?CalendarName=sanpedrocruiseship&Op=ShowIt&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block&Date=2008%2F12%2F1

Good catch with the Dawn, yes, it looks like Hawaii for her in the summer of '08. This is what some people were predicting. I love how it is possible to visit port websites to get the scoop on ship itineraries before they are announced by the cruise lines or even TA's.

Good catch with the Dawn, yes, it looks like Hawaii for her in the summer of '08. This is what some people were predicting. I love how it is possible to visit port websites to get the scoop on ship itineraries before they are announced by the cruise lines or even TA's.

Interesting thing is the Dawn will be in San Diego on May 4th, then does a three day coastal to Vancouver followed by a 4 Day Alaska Sampler ending in Seattle on the 11th. First sailing out of LA is the 19th. Leaves one week not accounted for. And it is strange to send the Dawn north for 2 weeks only to head back south.

That is interesting about the Dawn repositioning up to Vancouver, then having to sail right back down after a 4-day cruise. I'd be nervous if I was booked on the repo cruise and the 4-day sampler cruise, they could end up cancelling those.

According to the Port Of Los Angeles web site, it looks as if the Sapphire will be doing 7-day Mexician Riviera cruises in the Fall of 2008. Additionally, it looks like the Golden will be doing 14-day cruises on Wednesdays; I assume these will be going round-trip to Hawaii. The website link is:

http://www.sanpedrocalendar.com/scripts/calcium310.pl?CalendarName=sanpedrocruiseship&Op=ShowIt&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block&Date=2008%2F12%2F1

Does anyone know if they're cutting a port out of the Hawaiian cruise if it's just 14 days?

Does anyone know if they're cutting a port out of the Hawaiian cruise if it's just 14 days?

hopefully its the Ensenada portion thats cut out and the island stays are prolonged :D that should work.

i always thought that Ensenada ending was a odd way to end a Hawaii cruise.

hopefully its the Ensenada portion thats cut out and the island stays are prolonged :D that should work.

i always thought that Ensenada ending was a odd way to end a Hawaii cruise.

They have to stop in a forgeign port to get around the Jones act. They could so a 1 hour refuel stop I guess... I wonder if they're doing it as a 14 day because they're cutting out Kona?

As you mentioned, if you go on the Princess website, they don't list any 2008 cruises to Hawaii beyond April. I sure don't see any in the summer. :( So, that would be great if what you're predicting is correct! Where can you find on the San Pedro calendar that it says they'll be sailing RT to Hawaii? I can't seem to find that info.

As you mentioned, if you go on the Princess website, they don't list any 2008 cruises to Hawaii beyond April. I sure don't see any in the summer. :( So, that would be great if what you're predicting is correct! Where can you find on the San Pedro calendar that it says they'll be sailing RT to Hawaii? I can't seem to find that info.

It doesn't actually say where the ship is sailing to just that the Dawn has a berth scheduled every 14 days in Los Angeles summer 2008.

Well, now it gets interesting. With the announcement that the Sun is going to Oz permanently I think the plans for the Dawn are going to change which may be why they have yet to announce anything. It would be stupid for Princess to let the 10 day slot on Alaska from San Francisco go for the summer. They KNOW there is money there whereas Hawaii is still a bit of an unknownm. It would not surprise me at all if they take the Dawn to SF to take over the Suns cruises.

Archived