Supper Club...Best Night

newlife

We will be on the Glory this Satruday doing the Eastern Caribbean.

We want to eat one night in the Emerald Room Supper Club.

Can anyone suggest the best night to go, based on the menu in the main dining room?

We want to eat in the dining room for both formal nights.

thanks

We sailed the Glory last June and the Supper Club books up quickly. As soon as you board there will be someone standing in the atrium usually with a small table set up with a bottle of wine, flowers and the menu for you take a look at. If I remember correctly we booked the second night of the cruise. Excellent 5* meal, ambiance, etc. You will enjoy!

We will be on the Glory this Satruday doing the Eastern Caribbean.

We want to eat one night in the Emerald Room Supper Club.

Can anyone suggest the best night to go, based on the menu in the main dining room?

We want to eat in the dining room for both formal nights.

thanks

That really depends what it is that you don't want to miss.

I have read (on CC) that you can go to the Maitre d' upon embarkation and ask the see the menus for the week. I have not tried that (so I can't confirm it!). We simply go ahead a book 2-3 nights w/out regard to the menu (except that I don't want to miss the prime rib on the first formal night!) :D

Tom

My husband went up to the supper club right before life boat drill and made our reservations for the forth and seventh nights of our 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. Those seemed the best nights for us. Also, if you cannot get the time that you want, keep following up by calling, they get loads of cancellations so your ideal time will most likely open up. It was definately worth the $30 surcharge. We brought our own wine with us as well. They charged us $14 for corkage.

When we boarded the ship a couple weeks ago, we went straight to the dining room to talk to the Matre D' about our table assignment as we always do. We also asked to see the menu to which he asked why. We stated that we wanted to book a night in the Supper Club and we wanted to say which day was best...he gave us his suggestion which was the 3rd and 4th night of our particular cruise...he said the food choices in the Supper Club were better than what is offered in the Dining Room on those nights :D So i suggest asking him when you get on board what his opinion is of the best nights to miss.

Our group usually books the supper club on the second formal night. That way we only have to get dressed up twice (our preference) and also it is a great way to end the cruise.

The only problem with groups (usually 20 plus of us) is that the table configurations usually don't work very well.

On the other hand the other passengers probably would not want a loud group of 20 sitting next to their romantic two top so it is probably for the best.

Happy Sailing

Gina

Archived