I did it!

rebeccalouise

I finally booked the QM2 for TA August 9th-15th!

My six year old son and I are going to be returning to the US via Queen Mary 2. I have a couple questions...

1. Are there still dance hosts on board?

2. Do I need ballgowns for a TA?

I finally booked the QM2 for TA August 9th-15th!

My six year old son and I are going to be returning to the US via Queen Mary 2. I have a couple questions...

1. Are there still dance hosts on board?

2. Do I need ballgowns for a TA?

Congratulations, Rebeccalouise and welcome to Cunard. How wonderful that you have booked the TA in August.

1. Yes, I believe there are still dance hosts on board. At least they were there when I last sailed in October. We spoke with several of them and they were such interesting men.

2. A TA is a very formal cruise. You will definitely need formal attire.

Enjoy planning your TA. If you have additional questions, you should be able to get answers on this board.

Beth

Congratulations - on finally making your mind up and on making the booking.

imacruizer has answered your questions - and a search on this forum for dress codes on TAs will keep you bored - sorry, busy for weeks!

What finally made you take the plunge to book with Cunard and 2-time Celebrity?

Jo

I am divorced and it isn't possible for me to do the two week TAs offered by Celebrity because they are during the school year and I wouldn't dream of cruising without my son, Marc.

So this summer, my father is treating my son and I to a 12 days Meditteranean cruise on the Millenium. I have been watching the prices for the QM2 for a while and finally decided that a balcony stateroom was affordable for the August 5th TA. It just made sense for us to seize the opportunity since we were already in Europe.

I am really excited about it and cancelled a Caribbean cruise that I booked for over Spring break of 2008- have decided this is money better spent.

(that's why the confustion).

Confustion can be a very dangerous thing if you're not careful!!!

Enjoy the pre-trip excitement. I think that it can be (in some weird way) almost as good as being on board - and afterwards you get to look back on your fantastic voyage, building more anticipation for the next one and then 'POP', you've burst with excitement !

Just remember to come back and tell us why you made the right decision (or, dare I say it.... not...):p

Archived