cocoa beach recommendations?

njcruisingmom

We're spending a few days in Cocoa Beach this holiday weekend (sadly not for a cruise:( ) We'll tour the space center and go to the beach. Any recommendations for places to eat (kid-friendly, please -- we're going with dd's 11 and 7) or other things to do and see? Thanks fellow cruisers. (Even a confirmed cruise lover takes a land-bound vacation once in a while!)

There are lots of recommendations on the thread "I work in Port Canaveral".

If you want a particular type of food you might post it on that thread as well. Several folks live in the area and can help you.

There are also some directions to things like mini golf and such on that thread.

We're spending a few days in Cocoa Beach this holiday weekend (sadly not for a cruise:( ) We'll tour the space center and go to the beach. Any recommendations for places to eat (kid-friendly, please -- we're going with dd's 11 and 7) or other things to do and see? Thanks fellow cruisers. (Even a confirmed cruise lover takes a land-bound vacation once in a while!)

What have you in mind as to what and where you would like to visit and see?

As for eating, there are a number of places especially in Merritt Island which have like Long Horn, Red lobster, Olive Gardens, Merritt Square mall has a great buffet. In Cocoa Beach, you have Lobster Shanty which is great for the huge catfish hang around there in groves and love to be fed. They will even eat out of your hands. The best thing to do is go to the Tourist Center a few doors down from the Radisson and they will be more than happy to help you while you are here. I have not seen a restaurant here that is not kid friendly and I have witnessed some kids who have really challenged patiences.

You have the Brevard Zoo in Melbourne which is about 1/2 hour from Cocoa Beach, there is so much really to do and see - if you find yourself lost, just give me a call that the shop and will be glad to help - 321-799-4438.

Have fun.

Always

Shirley

we have cruised from canveral several times and stayed pre and post cruise in cocoa beach. the comfort inn/suites is nice and clean, huge pool, pool bar with sandwiches, karaoke in the inside bar in the pm. there is a street to cross to get tot he beach, but it is a small not busy road..

the sunset grill ont he river is nice. sit on the covered deck watcht he manates, dolphins and boats go by. they have a band that plays 50,s 60,s 70,s music most of the time. good food too. they have propane heaters for cooler nights. we love it. we eat at rustys at the port as well. it is nothing fancy, but good food and they offer live music on the deck. we like to go out ont he pier for a sandwich too. but..if u do not stay at a nearby hotel, they charge u to park! not me..

Archived