Hair Done on Board?

Cruisekitty1977

I have several times. It has always come out wonderful :p What I like is that they go very light on the hair spray, :eek: yet it still looks great all evening :D :p :D

If you want an amazing treat, try the frangiapanni hair treatment ;) It includes a neck, scalp and shoulder massage and leaves your hair both looking AND feeling, like silk :D :p :D

They can style it after that ;)

I have had my hair cut and colored on a cruise and they did a marvelous job. I've had an updo for formal night, and it was hideous. I think it probably just depends on who you get, as it seems like most people have had good experiences with updo's. The girls who did mine and my sister's cuts and color were amazing.

I had my hair cut and colored on the Sapphire Princess once. The girl who did it was amazing and it was the best haircut I have ever had.

Sadly when I came back home it grew out. I went to somebody and asked them to color it and style it the same, and it came out so different. I wish I could fly her out here from England to give me another haircut and color.

I was surprised to read so many positive reports on the hair salon. It did not used to get such rave reviews, and I am glad to hear it has improved. Still, I would be hesitant to try someone new for cut and color - even at home I stick with the same stylist.

I had now choice last year on HAL, was at sea for 35 days, and had to get my hair coloured and cut, I was really pleased with the result. These girls are selected because of their high standards and references as I understand it, less of a risk than going to a new salon and taking a punt on shore.

Does anyone know the approximate charge for an updo? We'll be on Dawn Princess in less than three weeks! I've never had an updo (or any salon treatment) on a cruise ship, not sure I want to devote the time or money to it. Smetimes I have a hard time sitting still for a cut and highlights, it takes about two hours.

I had my hair done in the salon on both our formal nights because it is so much less bother than trying to fiddle with it and those horrible hairdryers in the cabin. They did a wash and blow dry and it was $37.00 (my hair is on the short side). The first time it looked OK but the second time I had a lovely hair stylist from Poland who did a great job. We booked our appointments the minute we got on the ship and were glad we did as we later found out they only had 2 hairstylists working each formal night.

Has anyone had thier hair done for formal night on board? Was it worth it? How did it turn out? I was thinking of having someone do my hair in some kind of updo, but have not quite decided if I should make an appointment when I board or not.

WE had our hair done for the second formal night on the CB, did a great job and it was a lot of fun. Only suggestion make your appt. early. We had to get our hair done at 11:00. Have fun!

Dear Canadian Snowbird:

During a Panama Canal cruise several years ago, I went way out of my comfort zone and had my hair cut as well as highlighted. I loved it so much (so did my husband) that I've been a blonde ever since!! It was quite a change from my formerly brunette and it covers the underlying white/grey very well! :D

Did you bring your own colour treatment or did you change and let them do their own thing?

Snowbird

I just have highlights, but my sister has a full-on color (very dark auburn). Both of us just let them do their own thing, and it was amazing. I think that their hairstylists were very talented (this was on the CB's 2nd sailing, so since it was a new ship, they may very well have had the best and the brightest, but it was a very positive experience).

Thanks for all the encouragement... I was going to have a colour and highlights before I leave, but I just might have a touch up and highlights on board. :D

Snowbird

Well, I can't guarantee their work, of course, because you never know who you'll get, but I have had really excellent hair professionals on Princess (the girl who did my updo on Carnival was not good, but that was just an updo, so I didn't care so much).

This is a refreshingly positive update thread. I love it.

As a guy with not enough hair to do much with, I admire folks that take the plunge to try new things with unknown people and are delighted with the outcome. :)

Archived