Teenagers on Alaskan Cruise?

Jakie710

I am considering an Alasken cruise for myself (39) b/f (51), DM (73) and DS (12) He would be close to 14 when we go (Sugust 2008) We have been on four cruises -- Disney, Celebrity, RCCL (2x) and DS adored them, but when I mentioned Alaska he said he thought it would be "boring" watching walls of ice. Has anyone else traveld with young teens and what were their favorite ports/excursions, etc. We've always stuck to the Caribbean and want to try something new.

There so many great things for teens to do in Alaska. We traveled with two teens last summer. Check out

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/alaskaZ.html

They had a ball! They especially liked the rock climbing excursion, and had a lot of fun on the Ketchikan ducks. They didn't drive into the Yukon with us, but I bet the dog carts and the ATVs at Caribou Crossing would be great for teens too. There are so many adventurous things to do in Alaska.

Have a GREAT cruise!

We'll be heading to Alaska in 30 days with our nephew who just turned 15. His past cruises have all been carribbean and I think he too thinks this is going to be a bit boring, but I suspect once he's there he will have a great time. I'll be happy to post when we return and let you know how he did.

I will be taking my 14 and 16 year old sons to Alaska in two weeks and we just made sure to do excursions that they will enjoy also. Zipline, kayaking, things like this. We made the decisions as a family and let them have their input on everything also. When figuring out what to do after the cruise, we let them pick where we would go for a couple of days, within reason of course.

We are taking 3 grandchildren: 12,13 & 15 and chose RCCL Radiance because of the amenities for them: rock climbing wall, self leveling pooltables. We also let them chose some adventureous excursions (I am working hard at working out so I can keep up the pace). We are horseback riding, glacier climbing, kayaking, biking, fishing. Maybe looking at some of the web sites to find fun activities would get him interested.

Elsie:cool:

Archived