My First Doc Dance!

My DH and I leave next Saturday on the Serenade and we just got our docs! Hope I'm doing the dance correcty becuase I just frightened the cat.

Docs say our stateroom is 9518 and I find it on the map in the front of the ship but RCI's site says it is in the rear of the ship :confused: when I used the find your cabin feature. I trust the map better than the "find your cabin" so very happy with the cabin.

My DH and I leave next Saturday on the Serenade and we just got our docs! Hope I'm doing the dance correcty becuase I just frightened the cat.

I would say you are doing it correctly if you scared the cat! LOL:D

...but RCI's site says it is in the rear of the ship :confused: when I used the find your cabin feature.
Where is the "find your cabin" feature? I've never seen it. But then I always know exactly where my cabin is since I very carefully hand-pick it.

On the deck plans on RCCL's website it definitely shows 9518 as a forward cabin on Serenade.

I'm guessing you did the doc dance correctly if it scared the cat. :p ;) :D

ETA: Oh, shoot! I see someone beat me to the scared kitty comment while I was typing. :p

Have a great time. The Serenade is on our list when we do Alaska. I do wish they would keep the same itin and departure ports.

I do have a question about air...did you book way in advance. It is so expensive from the east coast.

When you go to the RCI site where you view the deck plans, there is a search box just to the right of the pull down menu where you selct the deck you want to view.

When I enter 9518 it says the rear of the ship but the map indicates its in the front. I will have to call my DH back and inform him we are in the front of the ship and not the rear. He really wanted a front cabin so he can look down at the water without the lifeboat canopy in the way.

PS Cat came back into the room so all is well! :D

Yippee!! Yep, you are doing it right! Scaring a cat isn't that easy, right? :D Have fun on your trip!!

When you go to the RCI site where you view the deck plans, there is a search box just to the right of the pull down menu where you selct the deck you want to view.

When I enter 9518 it says the rear of the ship but the map indicates its in the front.

Okay. I found it. And while it says that 9518 is in the back of the ship the section of the deck plan it shows you does not include 9518 although it does include 9618.

I would definitely say you should trust the deck plan and not this obviously flawed feature. LOL!

...I do have a question about air...did you book way in advance. It is so expensive from the east coast.

Our air was booked in late March. Not sure how much though. My DH won this trip from his company so we are not sure how much it cost. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Archived