Travel Insurance

Nymue

I've always purchased insurance independently, not through my travel agent. Usually you have a set time period to do so after booking in order to include any preexisting medical conditions.

No, purchasing thru the TA is not your only option. You can go to insuremytrip.com and it will give you quotes from many travel insurance companies. On some if u purchase within 15 days of making your initial deposit, they will waive any pre-existing medical conditions and even give "change your mind" coverage which refunds the nonrefundable portion of your trip prior to final payment of up to $250 per person. No, I am not an insurance salesperson-I just did my homework for my next cruise before i purchased.:D Hope this helps.

Is purchasing Travel Insurance thru your Travel agent at the time of booking the only option? If not, is it the best option?

Thanks,

Anne

It's certainly not the only option, but depending on your circumstances it may be your best option. HAL's Cancellation Fee Waiver is a good option for many since it lets you cancel your cruise for ANY reason and to get it you do need to pay for it at the time of your initial trip deposit.

It's certainly not the only option, but depending on your circumstances it may be your best option. HAL's Cancellation Fee Waiver is a good option for many since it lets you cancel your cruise for ANY reason and to get it you do need to pay for it at the time of your initial trip deposit.

OOPS, thought I was on the HAL board. Never mind (unless the OP is lost also).

I also like insuremytrip.com. By the way, some insurance carriers, such as TravelSafe, let you choose an option (extra cost) that permits cancellation for any reason. So be sure to shop around.

By the way, we never buy our trip insurance from our TA nor from the cruise lines.

In a simple answer.

Nope.

Having what you need in anything should I M H O be researched especially when it is a need indeed.

Know what you need want and then compare.

One area of importance is buying a PRIMARY Policy.. thats if something does go wrong and you do have to make or file a claim it (Primary Policies) pays YOU first.

Otherwise you have to file refile mail a lot too.. Secondary are just that.

As well make sure your Insuring Firm is rated well in your Place of Residence.

Yes each State and DC does differ in ratings for each firm.

Compare what you need and read.

We found this resource online and use it now.

Read everything fully ! Compare what you need and want too.

Is purchasing Travel Insurance thru your Travel agent at the time of booking the only option? If not, is it the best option?

Thanks,

Anne

:D Okay, I check with all of the links and found the best price. I just wanted to thank one and all for all of your help, everyone here is wonderful :D :p :D

My trip is now insured ;)

Much Thanks & Happy Sailing,

Anne

Archived