QM2 AA grade

Kindlychap

Is that not the dreaded back room of the Brittania Dining Room?

I believe it is. Can we please have a photograph of Matthew waving his napkin at the Baked Alaska?:rolleyes:

David

Can we please have a photograph of Matthew waving his napkin at the Baked Alaska?:rolleyes:

David

Somehow I feel you have a long wait coming......

I have seen only one baked alaska parade, a few weeks ago on MS Johann Strauß. The only thing that made that acceptable was the high proportion of very cute waitresses, and the fact that the whole crew were involved. It had a slight ineptness that made it acceptable.

Back to the topic in hand - I'm wondering if there is any practical difference in the cabin, save that the pillow concierge will be at my beck and call.

Matthew

Back to the topic in hand - I'm wondering if there is any practical difference in the cabin, save that the pillow concierge will be at my beck and call.

Matthew

Don't think so Matthew...it's the same cabin we had in A2 last year, just one deck higher....and further away from things as we found on Deck 11. As to the pillow concierge...don't know. We didn't have one but when I had a problem with my pillow our steward just brought me extras to try out. when I asked for a change. Guess that's equivalent to a pillow concierge!!;)

There is that thing about the back dining room though...too bad on that location. It misses a lot of what the Britannia restaurant is all about.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

There is that thing about the back dining room though...too bad on that location. It misses a lot of what the Britannia restaurant is all about.

Cheers, Penny

Do you reckon I could sweet talk the Maitre'D into bringing me into the main part of the dining room, for late sitting?

On the other hand, at least I get the same people at lunch....

Matthew

Soft terry robes, upgraded bed linen.. and a FULL bottle of the... er.. sparkling wine.

Now supposedly, the BC will give allow you a la carte specialities.....

Oh well.. at least it IS an upgrade.

Not that dreadful Pol Acker I hope?

A half bottle of that must be better than a full bottle......

Matthew

I can't remember what it was Matthew, but we gave the bottle to our steward when we left....it did not look memorable! ;)

Cheers, Penny

We gave the bottle to our steward when we left

What do you suppose the stewards do with all these bottles they're given? Can they sell them back to Cunard so that they're reused ad bon voyage gifts? I wonder how many times some of those bottles go round!:D

(I admit to having a bottle of the Pol Acker in the wine rack:( It's been there since last May! If you're splitting it between four drinkers you can just about manage a glass each, there's no way you can manage a couple of glasses each if there are only two of you though)

(I admit to having a bottle of the Pol Acker in the wine rack:( It's been there since last May! If you're splitting it between four drinkers you can just about manage a glass each, there's no way you can manage a couple of glasses each if there are only two of you though)

We've only ever opened one bottle. We had one taste and the rest went down the sink.

It's horrible.

Matthew

We've only ever opened one bottle. We had one taste and the rest went down the sink.

It's horrible.

Matthew

Oh no :eek:

I'm feeling very unsophisticated all of a sudden.

I'll happy drink any old plonky fizz - even the QE2 cooking variety.

Maybe I'm a bit of an Essex girl at heart!

Although I draw the line at those litre bottles of lambrusco. Usually...:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Tim

Oh no :eek:

I'm feeling very unsophisticated all of a sudden.

I'll happy drink any old plonky fizz - even the QE2 cooking variety.

Its entirely possible that your bottle was fine and the others were 'off' - I've drunk mine before - not too bad - not quite the Widow's unction, but then again light years ahead of what they serve on other lines.....

Peter

Archived