my review of E.O.S. May11-May21, 2007

my wife and i just got back from our honeymoon cruise and it was probably the coolest thing I have ever done. I actually went through a serious depression the day after we got back. I wanted to go back so bad and just relive it. The customer service was just ridiculously good and they treated us like royalty. All the shows were high quality entertainment and the food was freakin' to die for! Allan Brooks was our cruise director and he was the funniest guy. His comedic timing in the gameshows cracked me up. Also, our stateroom attendant, Roger was the man! We tipped him a little extra than the norm. Our waiters were probably the friendliest guys we ever met. We're going to miss all of them. The cruise ship in itself was a vacation, we did get off on all the islands though, which was great too. I could have stayed on the ship though. There's so much to do. Everyone is so nice to each other. Damn it was fun. I can't wait to cruise again. Granted we were 1st time cruisers, can anyone let me know if the experience is usually so great?? Any feedback would be appreciated. We picked up a bus in our hometown baltimore and docked at cape libverty in new jersey. The bus ride was pleasant as well. DAMN I WANT TO GO BACK!

Also, our favorite bar to frequent seemed to be the Aquarium. It was a beautiful bar with fish all over the place. Mario and Molly were great bartenders and remembered out drinks.

I also liked how the champagne bar was right on deck 5 in the promenade but i couldnt get any beer there :(...boy did i feel like a rube ordering a beer in the champagen bar...lol).

Anyway, we just can't express enough how great it was.

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. Our first cruise was our honeymoon too....I dont think we could have had a better honeymoon if we'd tried.

Welcome to the "Addicted to Cruisin' Club".....it wont be your last!:D

Wakelover xx

It sounds like you have a major case of PCD, post cruise depression. The only known cure is to book another cruise to give you something to look forward to. So glad you are addicted like the rest of us.

Donsonny, I'm betting you were the one I saw with the big grin all last week! You are just going to have to plan your next cruise and stay with the rest of us addiction counselors, I'm mean, cc'rs. :)

Personally, I think your PCD is normal and I'd question your sanity if you weren't bummed and missing it.

Donsonny.....welcome to the bug....cruising bug that is. Both my husband and I were hooked after our first cruise in 2005. As you can see, we have two more already booked. WE LOVE CRUISING!!!!

My advise to you is to book way out for the best prices and let the countdown begin :)

Deb

landjsailaway--

were you actually on the same cruise as me? i'd love to hear from anyone else who was on it as well

also--what does DH stand for?

Yes, for real, I was on the ship with you.

DH - dear/darn/damn/dopey husband...

DW - " " " " " " " wife

DS - """"""""""""" son

there, you get it now.

Yes, for real, I was on the ship with you.

DH - dear/darn/damn/dopey husband...

DW - " " " " " " " wife

DS - """"""""""""" son

there, you get it now.

thanks.....u were on the ship with me, who were you? anyway i would know who you were? what floor did you stay on? where are you from?

thanks.....u were on the ship with me, who were you? anyway i would know who you were? what floor did you stay on? where are you from?

LOL, you have this PCD bad....:D

No, you probably wouldn't know who I was, I keep pretty quiet, except while rooting for my team (#9 Yeah!!!) on Quest.

We stayed on the 9th floor aft, we're from PA and here's a link to my review of the cruise....it is post 14.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=10253278&posted=1

Unless you were the newlyweds on the Love and Marriage show, I probably wouldn't have noticed you either, would I?

LOL, you have this PCD bad....:D

No, you probably wouldn't know who I was, I keep pretty quiet, except while rooting for my team (#9 Yeah!!!) on Quest.

We stayed on the 9th floor aft, we're from PA and here's a link to my review of the cruise....it is post 14.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=10253278&posted=1

Unless you were the newlyweds on the Love and Marriage show, I probably wouldn't have noticed you either, would I?

no, we were not that couple, we saw them a lot after the show though they were like celebrities....we were at the quest game too, but we werent really on the team, we were sort of spectating, we got there too late and there were no seats left....well, hmm, how old are you? are you a man or woman? my wife and i "people-watched" all week, so i bet if you described yourselves i could figure out who u were.....and we're form Baltimore, so you guys are right close to us :)

no, we were not that couple, we saw them a lot after the show though they were like celebrities....we were at the quest game too, but we werent really on the team, we were sort of spectating, we got there too late and there were no seats left....well, hmm, how old are you? are you a man or woman? my wife and i "people-watched" all week, so i bet if you described yourselves i could figure out who u were.....and we're form Baltimore, so you guys are right close to us :)

Being a middle aged couple, I bet we were easy to confuse with the other thousand or so graying 50 year old couples. :D Seriously, if you'd like, you can contact me at LandJCruiseAway using gmail.com as an address.

Being a middle aged couple, I bet we were easy to confuse with the other thousand or so graying 50 year old couples. :D Seriously, if you'd like, you can contact me at LandJCruiseAway using gmail.com as an address.

okay, i have just e-mailed you....the quest was fun though wasn't it? my wife and i were kind of pissed that they had that kid in it participating...she must have been like 13 or 14...even allan the C.D. referenced her, he said "that's the youngest looking 18 yr. old i have ever seen."....i mean seriously, it's an adult game, it strictly said 18 and over only...what kind of parent lets their kid in there...then she had the nerve to participate, like actually go up and do a "weird human trait"...i know it's a minor thnig to harp on, we had a great time during that game, however it burns us up that there was a parent there letting her kid participate

my wife and i just got back from our honeymoon cruise and it was probably the coolest thing I have ever done. I actually went through a serious depression the day after we got back. I wanted to go back so bad and just relive it. The customer service was just ridiculously good and they treated us like royalty. All the shows were high quality entertainment and the food was freakin' to die for! Allan Brooks was our cruise director and he was the funniest guy. His comedic timing in the gameshows cracked me up. Also, our stateroom attendant, Roger was the man! We tipped him a little extra than the norm. Our waiters were probably the friendliest guys we ever met. We're going to miss all of them. The cruise ship in itself was a vacation, we did get off on all the islands though, which was great too. I could have stayed on the ship though. There's so much to do. Everyone is so nice to each other. Damn it was fun. I can't wait to cruise again. Granted we were 1st time cruisers, can anyone let me know if the experience is usually so great?? Any feedback would be appreciated. We picked up a bus in our hometown baltimore and docked at cape libverty in new jersey. The bus ride was pleasant as well. DAMN I WANT TO GO BACK!

Also, our favorite bar to frequent seemed to be the Aquarium. It was a beautiful bar with fish all over the place. Mario and Molly were great bartenders and remembered out drinks.

I also liked how the champagne bar was right on deck 5 in the promenade but i couldnt get any beer there :(...boy did i feel like a rube ordering a beer in the champagen bar...lol).

Anyway, we just can't express enough how great it was.

Glad you had a great time:)

Now I thinks its time for you book your next cruise!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

It is always great to hear that someone has had a great time especially if it is their first . We are booked on the Explorer two more times and so glad to hear that her grandness continues. I think the staff helps keep the magic going. Their care and attentiveness helps so much.

SO what are you waitng for ? Book another cruise end that depression.

"bom bom bom....another one bites the dust...." :D

See, now that you've cruised you are sucked in for life. If you're anything like the rest of us, you will always be planning you're next cruise, and planning everything around your next cruise. :D

Glad to hear you had such a great experience on the EOS - she's an awesome ship!

Laura

Hi

We were also on the May 11 sailing. Happy you had a wonderful time. It certainly was a great cruise! Now it is time for you to book another one - even if it is a year away it helps with the "post cruise depression"

I agree with you about the child at Quest..........I was surprised it was allowed. We were on Team 3.........the winning team!!!!!!!!! Great fun and hilarious!

Hi L&J........Jo right? I am so bad with remembering names. It was a pleasure meeting you and enjoying the views and peace and quiet of Cloud Nine.

Hope to sail with you again one day and next time - we'll take charge of the "Meet & Mingle" if the staff doesn't get everyone to interact!

Have a wonderful safe holiday weekend

Hi

Hi L&J........Jo right? I am so bad with remembering names. It was a pleasure meeting you and enjoying the views and peace and quiet of Cloud Nine.

Hope to sail with you again one day and next time - we'll take charge of the "Meet & Mingle" if the staff doesn't get everyone to interact!

Have a wonderful safe holiday weekend

Hi Millie, nice hearing from you. :) Yep, next time we'll take charge! Of course, it would work better after a few cosmos in the DL to give us the nerve! Don't you miss it? It's getting time for me to remove the countdown clock.

We're off to Wildwood this weekend along with half the population of PA. Not looking foward to the traffic!

Hope we meet again too. :D

donsonny

I don't think there was anything about us that would make us stand out from the crowd.

We had late seating - table 430 or was it 460......will have to check the seapass card. Our waiters name was Maid. We enjoyed pre-dinner cocktails every evening in the concierge lounge and Cloud Nine the satellite lounge that was opened to accomodate all the diamond/diamond plus cruisers.

I spent some time at the roulette table - played the slots that were closest to the table games (enjoyed stampede and another machine near it) and played bingo. And no I am not a polyester wearing hick collecting social security as one of our fellow passengers wrote!

Enjoyed lunch in the Windjammer - we always sat in the Island Grill section and most mornings for breakfast we had room service.

Also went to the Dolphin Quest in Bermuda - did you do that excursion? Think I mentioned that we were on Team 3 (The Winners!) at Quest - oh and I got to play in the Battle of the Sexes, and my daughter and I played dodgeball.

It was a great cruise..........actually every cruise we have been on has been great! Any day at Sea is better than being at home!!!!!!

My whole family cruised. Husband, son and daughter. We did not go to Orient Beach. My daughter and I did do quite a bit of walking around the ship.

Did you meet anyone from Cruise Critic while onboard? Did you attend the meet and mingle?

Have a good weekend and book yourself another cruise!!!!!!!!

Archived