Tuxedo Hire

jondriver

Debenhams will hire a tuxedo and shirt for about £50-60

You can buy a tuxedo for around a £100.

Have a look at Slaters Menswear site or M&S.

We thought it would be a one off cruise for our silver wedding anniv last year....ummm, lets just say , glad we bought the tux.! Hubbie also bought the white dinner jacket before we went as well - this from a man who 6 months before the cruise wasn't going to buy one

Sue

Does anyone know if P&O offer a Tuxedo Hire service? And if so how much it is for a 12nt cruise?

Thanks

Apart from the possibility that you will like the experience and will want a repeat performance and therefore buying is clearly the best option. To hire a suit for 12/14 days will cost more than buying one.

As Derek says you can buy them on board and you can be lucky and get one at a good price but they tend to be more expensive than some outlets at home

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

The ones on board are very expensive, and a slim chance they will have your size jacket and trousers.

Much better to buy one before you go.

SLATERS MENSWEAR have a large formal section, the Worcester shop I went too, had tux suits from £59, £99 and right up to £499 , loads to choose from, with free alterations to waist and trousers etc.

Sue

If no-one minds me shanghaiing this thread very slightly..... how often are white dinner jackets worn on P&O ships? I have a traditional black dinner suit, but have been thinking that on a longer cruise (> 3 formal nights) it would be enjoyable to wear a different jacket, perhaps for a couple of the nights.

Mediterranean & Caribbean cruises only, of course - a white dinner jacket would be shockingly inappropriate in cooler waters !;)

take it !

We had 3 formal nights on our 13n cruise, and have 4 formals on our 14n Med cruise.

My husband took his white jacket and wore it on the black and white night, with a black shirt and white bow tie, and ofcourse his black tux trousers -lol :rolleyes:

About 1/5 th of the men wore the white jacket that night !!!

My only ''fear' was they served those morello cherries in a drippy liquor sauce -yum, and i watched anxiously as he ate them with his brand new white jacket on -lol:eek:

Sue

If no-one minds me shanghaiing this thread very slightly..... how often are white dinner jackets worn on P&O ships? I have a traditional black dinner suit, but have been thinking that on a longer cruise (> 3 formal nights) it would be enjoyable to wear a different jacket, perhaps for a couple of the nights.

Mediterranean & Caribbean cruises only, of course - a white dinner jacket would be shockingly inappropriate in cooler waters !;)

Strictly speaking, a cream jacket is for the tropics but you do see them being worn sometimes in the Mediterranean and I have even seen them in winter at home! A proper dinner suit is the most usual thing worn on formal evenings and personally I think it looks much nicer....my view of course.

Archived