Uniworld came through for us...

MrsDave

Last week I came here in a frenzy..I was so upset...we are embarking on our first river cruise and it was turning into a disaster....our post cruise extension was cancelled and every which way I turned I couldn't get it fixed...but, I called Uniworld and they fixed everything...they were so accomodating and helpful...special thanks to Arnelle...you are a doll!!

We were also told to please keep in touch with them until we leave and let them know how we liked our vacation...

No one could ask for more...and...you were all so helpful to me when I was in my quandry...

Thanks..

Tina

I am sure I'll have a million more questions before we leave (7/7)....

That is just great but what did they do? Is the tour back on? Did they put you with another tour in Paris? Did they put you up in hotel rooms.

How did the problem get solved?

Do you think it had anything to do with the postsings on CC?

We are leaving the same day Budapest to Amsterdam on Avalon.

They arranged everything for us based on the two of us...so, everything is in tact...I am excited since they put on the train to Paris..the fast train....We are staying at The Royal Hotel..I'm not sure who said they stayed there..but, it was someone on CC...I called Uniworld on my own instead of my TA...I think that was very helpful....

You have been so helpful, Pat...can you advise on a mobile phone and do the hotels have the current needed for a hair dryer? I guess I need the adapter...right?

Tina

Every hotel I have ever stayed at in Europe has had a hair dryer in the room.They attach it so it can't be walked off with.I believe all the cruise ships also have hair dryers in the rooms. At least I know for sure that Avalon does.

If you still want to bring your own you will need a dryer that has dual voltage and an adapter plug. If your dryer does not have dual voltage you will also need the voltage converter.

There are sveral threads on here that discuss phones. If you do a search I am sure you will be able to find them.I believe it is Cingular that will work in Europe if they turn on International calling. I know my Verizon does not work and I just use my International calling card from AT&T. If I was to buy a phone I would purchase the phone from Mobal that works anywhere for $49.00. The web site is www.mobalrental.com I believe.

I took that train from Nice to Paris in 2005.It was really fast:eek:

That is terrific that you got your tour all set. I know you will have a wonderful time.We are cruising Budapest to Amsterdam at the same time and will have a pre day in Budapest and a post day in Amsterdam on our own.. I have spent many hours planning the extra days. Such fun!:D

This will be my 4th trip to Europe in 4 years but only the 2nd time for DH.I'm excited to be able to show him the places I love so much.I am already planning a trip next year to Italy and France.

Thank you for the link...I sent it to my husband..someone told me that AAA has some kind of deal and I will see what that's all about and let you know as well..

This will be our first River Cruise...I am excited and a little nervous...I have never been to Paris or France for that matter...so, I have been looking on here to plan our three days....it will be hot and we arrive the day after Bastille Day....any tips, hints, anything is most appreciated...

I know I want to see the Eiffel Tower and The Louvre...although there are other musuems that are rated better...(believe it or not)..someone on here said they stayed at The Royal..but, I can't recall who...

Thanks!!

Tina

You absolutely must see the Eiffel tower. Be sure to go up to at least the 2nd floor. The view is amazing. I have seen the Louvre and the Museum d' Orsay. I actually prefered the Museum d 'Orsay.I think I prefered it because it was a lot smaller and the paintings,Monet,Van Gogh etc were amazing.The Louvre is immense but probably a must see the first time in Paris. The people on our tour who went to Versaille were disappointed because there was construction going on and they were not able to see all of the rooms.That was in 2005 so things are probably different now. Save some time to wander the streets and sit in a sidewalk cafe and soak up Paris.If you are like me you want to pinch yourself to believe you are really in PARIS!!!!:eek:

You will have a great time.

We've been away, but see your questions have been answered. You must take the time to sit in an outdoor cafe and people watch. It is wonderful. If you like Impressionism the Musee D'Orsay is a must. Just walking around is so good. If you have the time, try Sacre Couer--must more people friendly than Notre Dame and rub St. Peter's foot for me. Pere La Chaisse cemetry is fascinating--Chopen to Jim Morrison in one morning. The metro station at the Sorbonne has the most glorious ceiling. It doesn't matter what you do, it will be wonderful.

In Arles, there is a market right up from the boat--was able to buy the most wonderful lavendar, both loose and in soap. At the museum at the Pope's Palace in Avingnon, there are pendent replicas of some of the tiles--perfect gifts--small and about 5 euros. It's the only place in that city that sells them. Don't forget the sea salt and mustards. All of ours amde it home safely.

Enjoy!!!!!! Pat

You have been my savior..and..let's not forget Sharon..who I met on here..

Just a wealth of information!! How about the price of food in Paris..I have heard that the food is cheaper than the stuff we can buy..or..can't buy!!

It is so interesting to read all the information on these boards..it keeps you so informed and..is better than any Rick Steve's or Fodor...I think I may return my book...I hope we are close enough to see I'le St Louis...and...may not see The Louve and venture for another..

Thanks for the continued insight..

Tina

Archived