No more balconies?

My boyfriend and I booked a BL (balcony guarantee) on the Valor for Nov. 11, 2007. I went to check the current price, and there is no longer an option to buy a balcony. Could they really be sold out? Any other theories? :eek:

Yes & No! Have a great cruise......:D

They might be, but probably not, cabins could currently be held by groups through other travel agencies etc....

Check back and look at the cabins just after final payment is due, that is when people get serious...

My boyfriend and I booked a BL (balcony guarantee) on the Valor for Nov. 11, 2007. I went to check the current price, and there is no longer an option to buy a balcony. Could they really be sold out? Any other theories? :eek:

Don't worry! They are probably sold out, so there is no 'inventory'. They are pretty good at knowing the usual cancellation rate, so usually, they are able to give you a 'Balcony' cabin. If one doesn't come up, you could end up in a suite!

Have a ball......

Register on Carnival's web site and fill out the pre travel documents. Also print out a copy to take with you. If you have already registered check your booking number. You may have a cabin already assigned to you. We took a guarantee the last time we cruised and a room was assigned 3 months prior even though there were plenty still available. I asked the TA and he said that is not unusual. I always thought that a guarantee would give us a better chance for a upgrade but that is not true. As posted earlier there are a lot of cabins blocked out and keep getting returned as the sail date approaches.

Just look at it this way, you can only go up, not down. Good Luck on scoring that Suite :D

Fred

I like the sound of an upgrade, but we would be more than happy with our balcony. This is our first cruise, and we decided to splurge on the balcony and do it right!

We're still 6 months out, so our cabin hasn't been assigned yet. I think they usually get assigned around final payment (as someone noted). So, I'm trying to be patient and wait...

I figure that the worst case scenario is that a giant group has booked all the other balconies, and we'll be stuck in the middle of a clown convention. So long as none of them spray me with a novelty flower, I'll still have a great cruise, so no worries!:rolleyes:

We're still 6 months out, so our cabin hasn't been assigned yet. I think they usually get assigned around final payment (as someone noted). So, I'm trying to be patient and wait...

My experience has been 61 to 30 days out.

Fred

Archived