Amsterdam-Airport - Central Station/City Center - Cruise Terminal by train/tram

Hij,

just returned from JEWEL OF THE SEAS back from Amsterdam.

As it was rainy I had no occassion to make any excursions and due to late arrival at 4.00 pm no chance to see museums etc..

So we spend the time to complete my photo guide for travellers going from/to Cruise Terminal, City Center, Central Station and Airport (pdf-file as download).

Hope it's helpful for your next Amsterdam Cruise.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Hij,

just returned from JEWEL OF THE SEAS back from Amsterdam.

As it was rainy I had no occassion to make any excursions and due to late arrival at 4.00 pm no chance to see museums etc..

So we spend the time to complete my photo guide for travellers going from/to Cruise Terminal, City Center, Central Station and Airport (pdf-file as download).

Hope it's helpful for your next Amsterdam Cruise.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Your photo guide was fantastic. What is your advice for an American novice in Amsterdam to/from the airport to Cruise Terminal. Is it reasonable to take taxi from train station at Amsterdam Centraal to the cruise line terminal?

Your budget and your ability to handle your baggage counts!

Taxi is the most comfortable and reasonable way - especially if you have more than two bags and if the bags are difficult to handle due to weight or size.

Train to Central Station + Taxi to Cruise Terminal is a good compromise.

Regards,

HeinBloed

What a wonderful guide! One question for you - are there elevators in addition to escalators for the train at the airport and Centraal Station? With luggage I find escalators difficult, but can do it with elevators.

Okay, two questions. Where can one locate ATMs at the airport? Are they easily found in the luggage hall?

Good Morning:

to your questions:

1. At the airport - it's no escalator... how should I call them: moving ramp??? So no problem to access.

2. At the Central Station - have a look here:

http://www.ns.nl/servlet/Satellite?key=asd&cid=1072266052398&pagename=www.ns.nl%2FPage%2FStationsvoorzieningen&lang=nl&stopname=Amsterdam+Centraal&level=omg&c=Page

You must use the exit at the "b"-part of the platform.

Each track is subdivided between "a"-part and "b"-part.

If you are coming from the airport the "a"-part is stern and "b"-part is forward (we are cruisers...)

There is an escalator.

3. You'll find so many ATMs in the Arrival Hall. It's more a shopping center with an access to some flights or some trains accidentially. As with every shopping center... no ATM... no money to spend in the shops... Have a look here:

http://content.schiphol.nl/info/plattegronden/pdf/plattegrond_plaza_uk.pdf

I am sure you'll find one at any corner. For the worst case have a look on the map for your first orientation.

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed,

My wife and I will be in Amsterdam on June 29, arriving on RCCL's Jewel of the Seas. We have pre-purchased tickets on-line for Anne Franks House for a 10:30 am tour. I imagine we can purchase tickets at Central Station to get to Anne Franks House by train. Do you happen to know the name of the stop we would get off that is closest to Anne Franks House and how long it would take to get there. Do you know if you can purchase combined tickets for the train and a canal ride?

We would also like to visit the flower district that I heard was spectacular. Do you know how we would get there and how we would get to the historic red-light district?

Bob Shaffar

Thank you for the helpful information. Your advice is excellent. One last question -- what is the approximate travel time for the train/taxi option?:)

Your budget and your ability to handle your baggage counts!

Taxi is the most comfortable and reasonable way - especially if you have more than two bags and if the bags are difficult to handle due to weight or size.

Train to Central Station + Taxi to Cruise Terminal is a good compromise.

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed,

My wife and I will be in Amsterdam on June 29, arriving on RCCL's Jewel of the Seas. We have pre-purchased tickets on-line for Anne Franks House for a 10:30 am tour. I imagine we can purchase tickets at Central Station to get to Anne Franks House by train. Do you happen to know the name of the stop we would get off that is closest to Anne Franks House and how long it would take to get there. Do you know if you can purchase combined tickets for the train and a canal ride?

We would also like to visit the flower district that I heard was spectacular. Do you know how we would get there and how we would get to the historic red-light district?

Bob Shaffar

I would recommend to post this question to "Misc. Amsterdam question".

It's more an issue for Ine. Sorry.

I just wanted to make clear the ways between the three points.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thank you for the helpful information. Your advice is excellent. One last question -- what is the approximate travel time for the train/taxi option?:)

The net transit times without time for change

train from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam Centraal: 15-19 minutes depends to type of train

taxi from Central Station to Passenger Terminal: 3-5 minutes depends to traffic - our velo-taxi (bike-taxi need about 8 minutes) - as we were there only on shore excursion without baggage.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived