Viking River CHINA ships

MSEm

I am looking at booking the Nov 6, 2007 Viking River Cultial Delights on the Viking Century Sun. Is there any problems with cabins on the Main Deck, Cat E. Are the balconies really larger on the Cat D or C on Middle Deck?

I would also appreciate any hints or "Wish I had taken????" with me to CHINA.

MSEm: On our 4/11 Cultural Delights Tour/Cruise we walked past the CAT E cabins on our way to Cabin 206 which was CAT F. During the cruise we visited friends in various cabins throughout the ship. They are pretty much all the same and unlike a large ocean ship the view from each cabin was identical. One of our friends had a cabin in the front of the ship for which the balcony was curved but still the same size as ours. Each has two aluminum chairs plus room for two more peoplke to stand. We liked not having to use the stairs or wait for the elevator in order to go to dinner. You can see photos of the cabin on my webalbum at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/billwitowski

For answers to many questions check out the main Viking China thread under "Other Cruise Lines"

progress.gif WIT

Wit great photos...we went on the same tour in Aug. your probably read many of my posts on the Viking China thread.

At first I was trying to figure where you were standing when you took the spectacular shot of the Great Wall but then saw the 10x on the caption:cool:

MSEm..as Wit stated and as it shows on the ship layout all stardard cabins are the same 220ft including balcony you are just paying more for being higher on the ship, not worth it in my opinion.

MSEm,

I agree with the what was said. The cabins seemed quite similar in size & were quite comfortable even in E Category. Price is based on the location aboard. Take lots of film and/or memory sticks if you are a photographer. There is so much to see & do on your trip. ALso, take extra batteries, a battery charger, and your adapter, too so you are always prepared for whatever. Have a great trip! We did! Tennessee Traveler

Archived