Grand Cayman Shopping Question

MARRIEDATSEA

We are leaving next weekend for our third cruise with a stop in GC. I was wondering how the shopping is there? I am interested in high end "boutique-y" type shops not "t-shirty" type shops. I was SO disappointed in the shopping in St. Thomas and St. Maarten on our last cruise so I just want to know what to expect so I won[t be disappointed. Thanks for any help!

Last year while in GC I got a beautiful black coral turtle necklace. Wish I could remember the name of the store for you but unfortunately I can't. I have received many many nice compliments on the necklace and I am very happy I decided to just shut up and buy it.:p

Paula

Gucci is there also. My personal favorite. Along with louis vuitton, fendi, hermes and a wonderful selection of other shops. Coach I buy for my teenage daughter here in the usa.

My husband always prepares himself when we go to grand cayman :) And we usually go on a diving vacation there once a year.

I found amazing silver jewelery pieces at a store in Grand Cayman this last time that had great prices. The store owner is super nice. I'm tempted to email and have a shipment of homemade soap she sells sent to me, but it'd cost probably $50 to have it shipped!

Keep in mind the exchange rate in Caymen. The US dollar does not carry alot of strength there so you will not find the "bargains" you may find in other duty free ports. When we were there last year things were about 20-30% higher than we have found in other ports

We were there in February, and found lots of high end stuff, but no real bargains. I ended up buying my LP watch onboard the Xenith shop for less money!

Nonetheless, lots of high-end items.

The Coach outlet is on one of the streets off the main road. Better check out your Coach prices where you live & then compare to what you are paying in GC. I didn't see that much difference in the pricing on Coach in GC or here in the US...maybe a little.

I didn't see a Gucci outlet when we were there in October so someone please tell me where it is.

I found amazing silver jewelery pieces at a store in Grand Cayman this last time that had great prices. The store owner is super nice. I'm tempted to email and have a shipment of homemade soap she sells sent to me, but it'd cost probably $50 to have it shipped!

Do you remember the name of the shop and where is is?

The Coach outlet is on one of the streets off the main road. Better check out your Coach prices where you live & then compare to what you are paying in GC. I didn't see that much difference in the pricing on Coach in GC or here in the US...maybe a little.

Do you remember where the Coach store is-I know you wrote off the main road,but where? Did you buy anything there ? Thanks for the feedback!!!

Do you remember where the Coach store is-I know you wrote off the main road,but where? Did you buy anything there ? Thanks for the feedback!!!

Even though it was October when we we in Grand Cayman I cannot remember the name of the street for the Coach Outlet. Its within walking distance. You will get a map at one of the shop talks on the ship and it will point out the location. I didn't buy anything there on our last visit but I plan to get something this time. If anyone knows where the Gucci shop is please post it, or I'll have to wait until we attend the ships shop talks.

• 2 weeks later...

shopping in Grand Cayman was on of my favorite things. I felt safe, and was able to walk around and shop alone wwhile my hubby and friend went snorkling. Not like Cozumel, which I was was hounded and chased after to buy items.....

There is also a good Aut. Rolex watch dealer there too. A lot of high end stuff in Grand Cayman

Oh Boy!!!

I am surprising DH for his 40th...maybe I will wnd up with a Rolex out of the deal ;) .....we have been looking for a long time!

Wish me luck!

Archived