Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

We are also on the Feb., 16 cruise, myself, my husband and two teenagers from Michigan. After reading several positive reviews about My Friend Mario excursions in Panama we booked with him for a tour in Panama. Tour number CL700-1. He replied quickly and it looks like he still has room for more people. Check out his website at myfriendmario.com. I used the "Contact Me" link at his website to email him and he responded the next day. We're in room 7392 if you want to contact me onboard. Also if you google my friend mario Panama tours you should pull up some reviews.

Just found out today that our flight home has been changed to depart at 11:50 am :eek: instead of 12:10 out of Ft. Lauderdale. I know that it is only 20 minutes...but is 20 minutes in the WRONG direction!!

Should I worry about making it :confused: :confused:

were you worried about making your "other" flight?

ask for early off tags-- this will get you off with the first wave of passengers.. That way you can eat breakfast in the dining room-away from the mad crush of people--be relaxed and not worry about carrying your own luggage off.

Getting off with the first people you will be getting off between 8-9am.(depending on when the ship is cleared) this allows you to find our luggage and get through customs--then head to the airport. Do NOT take the cruiselines shuttle but take a cab instead. (checking luggage with porters outside will cost you $3.00 per bag plus tip)

We always book the flight between 11 and 12 from FLL and not ever had a problem

Thanks so much for the link and taking the time to take and post all those pics Linda. Which route were you on? Any tips or things not to miss on the ship?

Nice clock counter, did you customize one from the website listed on the counter?

We are also on the Feb., 16 cruise, myself, my husband and two teenagers from Michigan. After reading several positive reviews about My Friend Mario excursions in Panama we booked with him for a tour in Panama. Tour number CL700-1. He replied quickly and it looks like he still has room for more people. Check out his website at myfriendmario.com. I used the "Contact Me" link at his website to email him and he responded the next day. We're in room 7392 if you want to contact me onboard. Also if you google my friend mario Panama tours you should pull up some reviews.

:cool: :cool: We are on this cruise as well, we are looking at doing the Panama Canal - is this the same one. Can you possibly email dcml@shaw.ca me directly so I can pick your brain - mine is pretty slim pickings lately. I will check this web site out in the mean time. I will make note of your room number - ours is 6351, just below you. we also have an inside room across from us for our children (22 and 20 - not kids anymore) Thanks Cindy:cool: :cool:

Tbay-eh, I am on the March 15 Liberty 8-day cruise that goes to the Panama canal. I have done a ton of research on the ports, so if you have any questions, you can e-mail me as well. princesa104 at yahoo dot com

• 2 weeks later...
How did you make your on line reservations to the Liberty Supper Club

Here is the link: http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?id=982238741&o=1&n=28

It came for John Herald's blog....but if you just go to this link and fill out the form with your booking number, ship, sail date and your reservation info you will get a message that says that is may take up to 7 days to process your request and receive confirmation.

Ok...past Liberty cruisers....I have a question:

How long did it take to get your luggage after embarkation? We have made reservations for Harry's the very first night. Now it has crossed my mind that it might be a problem - depending on when the luggage is delivered to the cabins.

On our previous cruises we have had our luggage by the muster drill - or very soon after. Is it the same on the Liberty :confused: ?

Thanks!!

On our previous cruises we have had our luggage by the muster drill - or very soon after. Is it the same on the Liberty :confused: ?

Thanks!!

I'm sure it has to do with how much luggage they have to deliver ect... but our last Liberty cruise, we were not able to get in the cabin areas until 1:30pm, our luggage was waiting for us at the door:)

Most people will have their luggage by muster. Fire doors are closed so you can not get to your cabin until 1:30. (and look at all the luggage in the hall as you make your way to your cabin)

If its not there-- it soon will be after muster. (elevators are stopped during that time so you wont be getting luggage during the muster drill)

Hey Ckay - We are on this sailing too. We were on the Liberty last year for a 6 day during March Break. Looking forward to this one. We have a Roll Call for this cruising. Would you like to join us? It would be nice to have more to meet and greet. DH and I are travelling with our three aged 22, 18 and 16. This will probably be the last time cruising together.

Hope to see you in the Roll Call thread,

deb (A Fireman's Flame)

Hi Deb,

I've been reading the roll call for our cruise, but I should put my info on there.

I'm sailing with my husband, a seventeen year old son and 16 year old daughter. We did the Mexican Riviera on the Carnival Spirit a few years ago and sailed Disney when the kids were younger. My daughter made a friend on a Disney cruise years ago and they are still pen pals...snail mail..:) As a side note, I canceled the Mario tour in Panama and booked Carnival excursions..mainly because the Mario tour is long and I wasn't sure about the kids holding up. We're doing the covered wagon rainforest tour in Costa Rica@ 12:30 and Embera Indian tour in Panama @ 12:30. My kids, daughter especially, have their hearts set on meeting up with other kids so we can worry about where they are the whole cruise... I think there will be a lot of kids on this ship, it's winter break for our area.

Any suggestions as to what day to book Harry's would be appreciated...

Looking forward,

CKAY....Cheryl

I posted a long one a few minutes ago but I was booted out. :confused: Here is an abbreviated version.

Hi Cheryl,

The name of our roll call forum thread is "ANYBODY ELSE ON LIBERTY 02/16/2008" by Corky1. Just copy and paste your last post over there and we can chat there about the best night to go to book Harry's.

We'll be able to countdown together,

Hope to see ya there,

deb:D

Anyone had an experience with large coolers on the Liberty? Apparently, they recently changed their policy about taking large coolers on board. When we were on it this summer, it was not a problem to take a cooler on board. I am wondering if it will be an issue for a future cruise?

Anyone sailed on the Liberty in January and take a large cooler with you? Please let us know. Thank you!

Archived