Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Circle C is the Camp Carnival for 12-14 year olds. Apparently, they've revamped the entire program & gave the 12-14's their own room & updated age-appropriate activites.

bout time- when did that happen? it wasnt in place on the August 27th sailing. They would spend a considerable amount of time in the disco place and cleared out about 10pm. where is the room now

Sailing on the Liberty in May. I read on wikipedia that the fish N chips menu includes fried oysters. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true, I know where I'll be having several lunches!

I do believe I have seen fried oysters on the fish bar. I don't think they had it every day.

Sailing on the Liberty in May. I read on wikipedia that the fish N chips menu includes fried oysters. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true, I know where I'll be having several lunches!

Carnival Liberty- Fish & Chips did not have fried Oysters on their menu in August.

Fish & Chips menu can be found here:

http://www.lisashea.com/lisastrips/yr2005/winecruise/monday/images/index3.html

its from 2005 - but it looks to be about the same from when we sailed in August.

PS- make sure you check out the stir fry station at least once during lunch-- its the only time its opened-- (11:30- 2:30 and closes promptly even if people are on line.) Find a tray somewhere-- grab two bowls-- one for veggies- one for meat

I was just wondering ... does anybody know if your cell phone alarm will work when you don't have cell phone service?

On other cruises we were on the clock on our cell phone was WAY OFF!! The clock would never have the right time on it, and it would change every day . Not sure if it has to do with the cruise line cell service and switching from each ports cell service. So DON'T plan on using your cell phone for a watch to tell the time, or an alarm to wake you up!

Hello All,

Im Thinking Of Taking My Daughter And Her Friend On A The Liberty On Sept. 13 Sailing. She Will Be 19 (my Daughter) And Her Friend 18. I Just Had A Couple Of Quetions ?

1- Will There Be Plenty To Do To Keep Them Occupied

2- I Was Looking At A Suite Gaurenteed What Does This Mean ?

3- Is It A Good Ship For There Age Bracket ?

And Last But Not Least Is Anyone Else Here Booked For That Sailing Date ?

Thanks,

Mike

Brooklyn Ny

Hello All,

Im Thinking Of Taking My Daughter And Her Friend On A The Liberty On Sept. 13 Sailing. She Will Be 19 (my Daughter) And Her Friend 18. I Just Had A Couple Of Quetions ?

Make sure your daughters friend get a signed consent form from both parents AND a medical release form- you will need this for anyone under the age of 21. If you are taking just your daughter her mother needs to sign a consent form too.

1- Will There Be Plenty To Do To Keep Them Occupied

My kids find plenty to do-- prefer cruising over a land vacation any time.

Sailing during this time will find fewer kids their age onboard.

2- I Was Looking At A Suite Gaurenteed What Does This Mean ?

that means you are guaranteed at least an 11 You will get a suite located somewhere on the ship. Booking a suite you get priorty boarding.

3- Is It A Good Ship For There Age Bracket ?

see reply to #1

And Last But Not Least Is Anyone Else Here Booked For That Sailing Date ?

Thanks,

Mike

Brooklyn Ny

I replied to each question

you want to check the roll call board which will give you people you are sailing with.

Please be aware that this is pime time hurricane season-- please be flexible to any changes to your itinerary.

• 1 month later...
Liberty going into drydock October 4 - 18.

Anyone know what will be done ?

I know it already has the big screen and mini golf.

from what I understand going into drydock is more of a mechanical maintenance thing as opposed to a refurbishing - so there may not be any physical improvements. Would be nice if it would get a serenity pool area or the resort style pool!

I was on the Liberty in April and loved it! Am looking into going on again next April!!

from what I understand going into drydock is more of a mechanical maintenance thing as opposed to a refurbishing - so there may not be any physical improvements. Would be nice if it would get a serenity pool area or the resort style pool!

I was on the Liberty in April and loved it! Am looking into going on again next April!!

Thanks, I am looking to book her for April 2010.

Hello All,

Im Thinking Of Taking My Daughter And Her Friend On A The Liberty On Sept. 13 Sailing.

Mike, I hope it works out for the three of you to be a part of that sailing. If so, come join in on the roll call. I hope we all have a phenomenal time on Carnival Liberty in September.

Please be aware that this is pime time hurricane season-- please be flexible to any changes to your itinerary.

La la la la la la, I'm so pretending that you didn't say that (LOL!!!) :)

It's amazing how things come "full circle". When this thread was started by kfrig, I was one of the early contributors, posting as much info as possible. . . and now I find myself coming back (more than a year later), prior to my upcoming September sailing. Serene, you've been a constant source of information throughout, and I know many have appreciated that!

I'll be on one of the last sailings prior to the drydock, and it also happens to be one of Carnival's 'Past Guest Reunion' cruises. Will be interesting to see if that makes any difference. Each September I do a sailing for my birthday week, and I've always had a great experience on multiple ships. I hope to continue that run of good luck on this one.

It's amazing how things come "full circle". When this thread was started by kfrig, I was one of the early contributors, posting as much info as possible. . . and now I find myself coming back (more than a year later), prior to my upcoming September sailing. Serene, you've been a constant source of information throughout, and I know many have appreciated that!

I'll be on one of the last sailings prior to the drydock, and it also happens to be one of Carnival's 'Past Guest Reunion' cruises. Will be interesting to see if that makes any difference. Each September I do a sailing for my birthday week, and I've always had a great experience on multiple ships. I hope to continue that run of good luck on this one.

Don: we too cruise in Sept- my birthday is 8/30- his birthday is Sept 24 so we try to go around this time- Damn the prices are cheap too. Last year we did the Liberty on Aug 26th for 388.pp with a 100.00 cabin credit.

This year-- i think I am cruised out and have no cruises booked for 2008. (horrors, i know) but i wanted to check out a land vacation to see how we would like it. I found a week in Aruba with air (usair) hotel (radisson) with free breakfast buffet every morning and $100.00 room credit) all taxes etc for 2020 total for the both of us. I am soooo looking forward to that.

You say your cruise in one of the last ones before drydock-- I wanna hear about that one. I would like to know if it makes a difference on a ship with service and amenities before it goes in. (I seen the travel channel===lol)

does anyone happen to know what comes in the cabin mini bar?

i was thinking of ordering a bottle, like rum,but then i'm really not that much of a drinker and i wouldn't finish it. but would like to have a drink on my balcony as we sail away.

does anyone happen to know what comes in the cabin mini bar?

i was thinking of ordering a bottle, like rum,but then i'm really not that much of a drinker and i wouldn't finish it. but would like to have a drink on my balcony as we sail away.

Not sure of the mini bar-- but you can have a drink to your cabin using Room Service.

I posted a thread over the weekend with my question, but it's buried by now. I didn't realize this thread existed. ;)

Anyone been on the Liberty Western with the new itinerary? The time in Cozumel is 8AM-10PM. That day is my birthday as well as my son's. If the dining times are normal, I want to preorder a cake or something. If, because of the late port time - dinner is open seating, I'll schedule for a different night.

I was on the Paradise in 2002 with this same itinerary. I remember shopping at the pier stores in the evening during what would have been our 2nd seating time. But for the life of me, I can't remember if we had open seating, or if we did the buffet that night.

Any ideas?

I have not read all 61 pages! But I plan on doing just that. I have booked the Liberty for March '09 and I don't want to miss anything! I am so excited. This will be our 3rd cruise, second on Carnival. We will have a small group going some are new to cruising. It will great to see their faces when they board the ship!

Thanks to all of you who provide such great info and advise about...... well everything there is to know about cruising.

I posted a thread over the weekend with my question, but it's buried by now. I didn't realize this thread existed. ;)

Anyone been on the Liberty Western with the new itinerary? The time in Cozumel is 8AM-10PM. That day is my birthday as well as my son's. If the dining times are normal, I want to preorder a cake or something. If, because of the late port time - dinner is open seating, I'll schedule for a different night.

I was on the Paradise in 2002 with this same itinerary. I remember shopping at the pier stores in the evening during what would have been our 2nd seating time. But for the life of me, I can't remember if we had open seating, or if we did the buffet that night.

Any ideas?

to find your post Scott-- click on your name- it will give you options one of which is to view all posts.

if you go to the top of the screen and click on USER CP it will lists all posts that got a reply since you last visited.

Dinner should be regular seating. The only time it is opened seating is the first night and that is only for a very late departure.

i have not sailed on carnival with an opened seating during the week. and a few of our cruises had later port hours then normal.

to find your post Scott-- click on your name- it will give you options one of which is to view all posts.

if you go to the top of the screen and click on USER CP it will lists all posts that got a reply since you last visited.

Dinner should be regular seating. The only time it is opened seating is the first night and that is only for a very late departure.

i have not sailed on carnival with an opened seating during the week. and a few of our cruises had later port hours then normal.

Thanks for the info!

Anyone sailing on October 25th???? I am counting down the days already. I am going nuts. Does anyone else go nuts counting down the days? Im on these boards every days finding out all kinds of good info before we go. I hope everyone has wonderful cruises and please take care of the Liberty for me. I will be in a aft cabin. WooHoo........:) :cool:

Anyone sailing on October 25th???? I am counting down the days already. I am going nuts. Does anyone else go nuts counting down the days? Im on these boards every days finding out all kinds of good info before we go. I hope everyone has wonderful cruises and please take care of the Liberty for me. I will be in a aft cabin. WooHoo........:) :cool:

If you think you are going nuts you should be sailing this Saturday! I am so excited and have so much to do I can't sleep, that's why I am typing this at 5 AM!

Happy sailing! :)

Try going to the Roll Calls board and finding your date. You'll find others who will be joining you.:)

Archived