Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

I was on the Liberty 3 weeks ago and had a great time. But I have to tell you Damien (the piano man) was the worst I have ever heard. Sorry. I have been on 3 cruises, each cruise I look forward to the piano bar. I go to piano bars where I live. So i'm not new to them. We would requests songs for Damien to play, like, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, Madonna, Barry Manilow, Brittany Spears to name a few groups/artists. Each time he would look at us like he couldn't believe we are asking him to play that kind of music. His response was "Do I look like I play that kind of music". After requesting about 10 songs we asked him, well what do you know how to play. He responded with about 500 songs. It would have been nice if he had a play list book that shows the songs he knows how to play. The only aritists he would sing is Billy Joel and Elton John. That's pretty much it. That might be why the piano bar was always dead. It was even closed 3 nights when we walked by. He was very very rude and no much of an entainer. The worst. So if you go see him on your next cruise, be prepared to hear 5 hrs. of Billy Joel and Elton John.

I was on the Liberty 3 weeks ago and had a great time. But I have to tell you Damien (the piano man) was the worst I have ever heard. Sorry. I have been on 3 cruises, each cruise I look forward to the piano bar. I go to piano bars where I live. So i'm not new to them. We would requests songs for Damien to play, like, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, Madonna, Barry Manilow, Brittany Spears to name a few groups/artists. Each time he would look at us like he couldn't believe we are asking him to play that kind of music. His response was "Do I look like I play that kind of music". After requesting about 10 songs we asked him, well what do you know how to play. He responded with about 500 songs. It would have been nice if he had a play list book that shows the songs he knows how to play. The only aritists he would sing is Billy Joel and Elton John. That's pretty much it. That might be why the piano bar was always dead. It was even closed 3 nights when we walked by. He was very very rude and no much of an entainer. The worst. So if you go see him on your next cruise, be prepared to hear 5 hrs. of Billy Joel and Elton John.

Sorry you didn't have a good time with Damian, his piano bar is always packed as long as i've known. He isn't rude... it's just sarcasm... a concept that's lost on some people :rolleyes:

Just wondering... is Brent also a CD? I think that was our CD's name on the Legend last September.

No there is a CD called Brent but it's a different guy, brent is just a DJ as far as I know

If a person wants to see the land docking?

Well if you stand at the bow you should be able to see it all. Actually it depends on the dock shes coming into. Most cruise ships can be boarded from either side. Check the seb cams when Liberty is in port.

If a person wants to see the land docking?

its not gonna matter= again it depends on the captain, when you arrive.etc.

in st thomas we pulled in- st marten we backed in.

you can always go up on a public deck and watch as you pull into port. (which is done mostly very early) we are usually at breakfast and sit at a table and watch from there.

We were on Liberty last week and had a great time. I have to agree with an earlier post about Damien. We saw him on the Triumph in 2003 and he was great. This time we saw him he did seem to be rude, and when people would request a song he kept saying that for twenty dollars he woould play it. It looked like he was really drunk all of time. We did have a great cruise. We loved the Liberty and would gladly cruise on her again.

Hi All! We also will be on the Liberty 7/29 for our honeymoon. There was another thread in the Rollcalls for the Liberty if anyone wants to check it out. I have been posting to the one with everyone that will sail on that date. But I am glad there is this one too, I want to know everything there is to know about our ship!! I loved the pictures that were taken and shared, Thank you so much!

M & J

As mentioned above, you can do so right inside the lobby (just on the opposite side from the door you enter). You are in for a real treat at Harry's, and I encourage you to book at least one night there for sure. There was a wait list for the final two evenings on last week's sailing. The entertainers (May and her husband) are on their first contract w/ Carnival, and are a delight with their choice of songs. Hostess Lucie is so accomodating to try to make things perfect, and she really looks after her servers in a positive way. If you'd like to request a service team who is not only professional, but lighthearted at the same time, ask for Viviane and Dandan. I had them each of my four nights, and they were superb. Happy dining, and Bon Voyage!!

Thanks for all the great Info! We are definitely going to book a night at Harry's. Is the dress code the same in there as the formal nights or is it more casual?

Thanks for all the great Info! We are definitely going to book a night at Harry's. Is the dress code the same in there as the formal nights or is it more casual?

dress code at supper clubs-- formal night men will be reguired to wear a jacket.

Other nights-- khacki pants/collard shirt is required.

--

I suggest booking early when you get onboard-- head directly to the supper club so you can pick out your own table.

All three times we booked the supper club--all reservations were gone by 4pm on the day we sailed. Friends thought they can just wait since they didnt know if they wanted to do the supper club. They put their name on a wait list and never got called.

I suggest booking early when you get onboard-- head directly to the supper club so you can pick out your own table.

I agree. That's exactly what we did on the Legend. We made our reservation first thing the next morning after the muster drill (our ship sailed out late, I don't believe they were open when we finally got on board).

Just wanted to say hello, we are cruising October 13th on the Liberty....

And we can't wait!!!

Only 135 days left.....YIPPEE...

Happy travels to everyone out there...

Have you been over to the Saints and Sinners 3 Thread? We've got a whole Cruise Critic group going that week. Pop over and say "hello".:D

J Free 203 (or anyone else that has cruised Liberty)--

What are some "not to miss" places on the Liberty? Any feedback on the fitness center? I have never used the fitness center on any of my other cruises but I think I might actually use it this time around!

I am definitely doing the supper club...what else should I "definitely" do?

Thanks for anyone's help!

J Free 203 (or anyone else that has cruised Liberty)--

What are some "not to miss" places on the Liberty? Any feedback on the fitness center? I have never used the fitness center on any of my other cruises but I think I might actually use it this time around!

I am definitely doing the supper club...what else should I "definitely" do?

Thanks for anyone's help!

I had read on some other thread that the fitness center on the Liberty was great. Hope that helps? We are going on the Liberty in December and will use it. There are some nice pics of the Liberty on shipparade.com check it out.

If anyone has copies of the capers can you email them to me ??

Thanks

Dan

What are some "not to miss" places on the Liberty? Any feedback on the fitness center? I have never used the fitness center on any of my other cruises but I think I might actually use it this time around!!

i use the gym/ spa area for the hot tubs located there. Nice and quiet--and the hot tub is hotter then the ones outside by the pool decks. and no kids in there either.

Each time i have used the hot tubs there is no one in them either..

Just finished reading all 6 pages, and I am now convinced that Liberty is going to be the ship we choose for our next family cruise. We have to wait until September of 2008 before we can all get together, but no worries...that just gives me more time to plan, and research, and make packing lists! :p

Looked at joining some of the CC group cruises, but July is too early in the year, and October doesn't work either. :( Would love to have been able to join everyone...but hopefully, there will be an active Roll Call to have fun with before the cruise!

Just finished reading all 6 pages, and I am now convinced that Liberty is going to be the ship we choose for our next family cruise. We have to wait until September of 2008 before we can all get together, but no worries...that just gives me more time to plan, and research, and make packing lists! !

shame it couldnt been this year-- we are doing a group on liberty in august and i only have one more ocean view left. the prices were amazing especially since carnival kept raising their prices since we booked last November-which locked me in.

Just off Carnival Liberty earlier today (had a wonderful vacation with perfect weather), and will add a few things to this thread shortly.

~

But one thing I wanted to clear up as soon as possible, since it had been debated a bit recently: **There are two (2) formal nights on the 6-day sailing** There was no mention of 'optional' anywhere in the Capers, and people did dress up quite nicely on that Thursday night. Several onboard mentioned their travel agents had told them differently, so that's why I'm hoping to clear it up here.

More to come. . . .

Thank you Don for the helpful information. Someone posted a link to the menus earlier in this thread. Would you happen to remember which dinner menus of the 9 that are in that link are being offered on the 6 day cruise? Thanks.

Thank you Don for the helpful information. Someone posted a link to the menus earlier in this thread. Would you happen to remember which dinner menus of the 9 that are in that link are being offered on the 6 day cruise? Thanks.

using the link provided-- and look at this thread i posted with the menus from the 6 day-- you can then find out what was changed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340472&highlight=carnival+menu

But these are from the 6 day-- the last day is for the 8 day cruise.

Example-- when we are leaving on the 6 day cruise it starts with that first menu.

the 8 day cruise leaves on saturday and will start out with the Saturday menu (which is posted almost last)

Archived