Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Thankfully there's a pretty slim chance of this happening to me, as there aren't even any balconies left for our sailing. I have read various reports of this happening, though - seems that when some well-connected person wants a cabin, they move someone to give it to them. I don't care who it is, though - heads would be exploding around Carnival if they did that to us, I wouldn't consider it an upgrade, either!

Merideth when is final payment on your cruise. On our Liberty cruise the balconies were sold out then after final payment.. Many opened up.. since folks cancel their holds before final payment..

Good news for anyone still looking to get a cabin they have to be diligent and find out final payment..

But for possible room changes.. this could have an effect..

Hi Gang!

I am fresh off the Liberty 8-day Eastern sailing...we got back on Sunday. Actually, I am still on vacation but checking CC from my hotel room (Shhh! Don't tell my hubby!).

If anyone has questions that I can answer, please let me know. I will check back as often as I can until we get home.

Also, YES, they do have self-service laundry on the Liberty. I believe there is one on every floor. There was definitely one on our floor, which was the LIDO deck.

Also, there was a small kiddie pool up on the spa deck or sports deck? Can't remember, but anyway, it was right outside the Camp Carnival area on an outside deck and was only about 1 foot or less, deep with water. I saw several kids in it, but can't remember if they were in swim diapers or not (I really didn't pay attention to that particular detail). I know that the rule is they are not allowed in swim diapers in a pool, but I am not sure if that rule was being followed or not...I can't vouch one way or the other.

Any other questions? Let me know.

I loved the ship and thought it was the prettiest one I have been on! I didn't want to leave on Sunday! Anyone going on the Liberty will be impressed with the decor and the service. We had a fabulous time and I hope you do, too!

-Karin

Hi -- I'm the person referenced above who got "upgraded" from 6452 to a suite I didn't want -- without any advance notification. The good news is I called this morning and got my original stateroom back.

While I've seen references to the fact that 6452 sleeps three, I've also seen posts from people who say it doesn't. The deck plan doesn't indicate that it does, and I was able to book it for two with no problem. And no mention was made of this when I called this morning -- I was just told I had received a "complimentary upgrade" that I didn't want. When I asked for 6452 back, I got it back without having to argue.

Thank goodness -- now I can stop worrying and get back to counting the days until we sail.

It has not happened to us, but it can happen, 6452 on the Liberty is a 3 person cabin, Carnival has the right to upgrade you if there are 2 booked in a triple cabin, It does not happen all the time and mostly only happens during summer & Holiday seasons.

This is why, when traveling at high season, you should always pick a cabin that holds the amount of people you will be sailing with, so there is no chance you will loose it.

Now THAT is too funny :eek: ! I was told I had to take one of the cabins on 6 if I wanted a 9A wrap because they were the only ones for our sailing NOT to have a occupancy restriction of 3!!

Good grief.....nothing is ever simple :(

Now THAT is too funny :eek: ! I was told I had to take one of the cabins on 6 if I wanted a 9A wrap because they were the only ones for our sailing NOT to have a occupancy restriction of 3!!

Good grief.....nothing is ever simple :(

Would you like to see a picture of the cabin?

It is a 3 person cabin on the Liberty, some other ships it is not.

It has 2 twins (king) and a sofa bed.

The corner wraps on deck 7 & 8 are 2 people only.

Here are the pictures of 6452, you can see the sofa in the picture

http://community.webshots.com/album/518866145fqnWHJ

If the ship is not sailing full, they will put 2 people in this cabin, there are accupancy restrictions during summer & holiday sailings.

Merideth when is final payment on your cruise. On our Liberty cruise the balconies were sold out then after final payment.. Many opened up.. since folks cancel their holds before final payment..

Good news for anyone still looking to get a cabin they have to be diligent and find out final payment..

But for possible room changes.. this could have an effect..

I think it's later this month (though it was last week for our group), so you're right, I'm sure there will be some openings, but hopefully there will be no "complimentary upgrade" for us - we don't want it!

Would you like to see a picture of the cabin?

It is a 3 person cabin on the Liberty, some other ships it is not.

It has 2 twins (king) and a sofa bed.

The corner wraps on deck 7 & 8 are 2 people only.

Here are the pictures of 6452, you can see the sofa in the picture

http://community.webshots.com/album/518866145fqnWHJ

If the ship is not sailing full, they will put 2 people in this cabin, there are accupancy restrictions during summer & holiday sailings.

Thanks so much for the link. It is great to see pictures :D

I think it's later this month (though it was last week for our group), so you're right, I'm sure there will be some openings, but hopefully there will be no "complimentary upgrade" for us - we don't want it!

I agree we like to pick our cabin.. no surprises!

We were in cabin 1050 this past cruise on the Panorama deck.. it was great..

Hi Gang!

I am fresh off the Liberty 8-day Eastern sailing...we got back on Sunday. Actually, I am still on vacation but checking CC from my hotel room (Shhh! Don't tell my hubby!).

If anyone has questions that I can answer, please let me know. I will check back as often as I can until we get home.

Also, YES, they do have self-service laundry on the Liberty. I believe there is one on every floor. There was definitely one on our floor, which was the LIDO deck.

Also, there was a small kiddie pool up on the spa deck or sports deck? Can't remember, but anyway, it was right outside the Camp Carnival area on an outside deck and was only about 1 foot or less, deep with water. I saw several kids in it, but can't remember if they were in swim diapers or not (I really didn't pay attention to that particular detail). I know that the rule is they are not allowed in swim diapers in a pool, but I am not sure if that rule was being followed or not...I can't vouch one way or the other.

Any other questions? Let me know.

I loved the ship and thought it was the prettiest one I have been on! I didn't want to leave on Sunday! Anyone going on the Liberty will be impressed with the decor and the service. We had a fabulous time and I hope you do, too!

-Karin

Hi, I am going on the Liberty next month and was wondering what suggestions you have for Dinner. I know there are usually some entrees that are "must have" and others to avoid. Thanks for any help here.

Hi, I am going on the Liberty next month and was wondering what suggestions you have for Dinner. I know there are usually some entrees that are "must have" and others to avoid. Thanks for any help here.

I suggest to try at least one soup per dinner- try a soup you never would try in a land based place...like the strawberry soup.

I may not get an answer before we take off in the morning, but do the rooms have digital clocks? We were thinking of bringing our own so that we had light at night and the time. I hate waking up and not knowing what time it is.

I may not get an answer before we take off in the morning, but do the rooms have digital clocks? We were thinking of bringing our own so that we had light at night and the time. I hate waking up and not knowing what time it is.

No digital clocks. I was constantly scrambling for my watch to hold up to the bathroom light. Enjoy your cruise!

there is no clocks at all in the cabin-- unless you count the telephone.

Take your own.

But check the time before you turn in-- for some reason when its plugged in it loses minutes

We have cruised before..but this will be our first Carnival cruise.We are booked on the Liberty in cabin 8459.If anyone has info on a aft facing cabin it would be great.Thanks

Hi Gang!

Sorry for the delay....we finally got home from our vacation today. Two weeks away from home creates a lot of laundry, so I have been a busy bee all afternoon!

Anyway, to answer your questions:

The formal/sit-down lunch is served in the Silver Olympian restuarant, which is at the back of the ship. Of course, lunch is also offered in many other areas on the ship, as well, but if you want to order from a menu, the Silver Olympian is where you should go.

No, there are no clocks in the room. You will need to bring your own.

The entrees are ALL delicious! We especially loved the Beef Wellington, Lobster, Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Chateaubriand (another beef dish), etc. And I agree with a previous poster---try as much as you can! The nice thing about a cruise is that you can order MULTIPLE dishes for your appetizers and your entrees and it DOES NOT cost you anything extra. So, for example, I tried the chilled cucumber soup one night but ordered something else along with it for my soup dish because I wasn't sure if I would like the cucumber soup. Turns out, I did like it and was happy that I tried it! They also offer pumpkin soup, strawberry soup, french onion, etc, so definitely take advantage of the opportunity to try something new along with the comfort of ordering something you know you will like. That way, you are covered either way! And again, many many people do this, so your waiter won't think you are weird and I promise you that it won't cost you any extra $$. It's definitely one of my favorite things about cruising!:D

The lobster dish on formal night was not served with shrimp. Sorry!

Does anyone else have any questions? I'm happy to answer them!

Does Carnival have the Chocolate display (or I guess it could be called the Midnight Buffet) during the 6 night cruise? I'm more interested in showing it to our parents than actually eating the food.

Does Carnival have the Chocolate display (or I guess it could be called the Midnight Buffet) during the 6 night cruise? I'm more interested in showing it to our parents than actually eating the food.

yes- the midnight gala buffet is held on the 6 night cruises. Look for it on your second formal night. (thursday)

Archived