Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Does anyone have a map of the ship?

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plans.aspx?shipCode=LI

click on each individual deck. deck 5 is the one that goes from front to back with no dead ends.

Find your cabin and see what elevator goes to the lido food/buffet and which one gets you to the dining rooms.

Happy: You and Serene are definitely NOT the only ones making that goofus error at least once on a sailing. I am a card-carrying member of that elite club (I just don't flash the card around, as I'm not proud of it):o

I dont seem to learn and its good thing I always will have SO with me as he will ALWAYS point out--(where ya going) when i should be going in the other direction....

I dont seem to learn and its good thing I always will have SO with me as he will ALWAYS point out--(where ya going) when i should be going in the other direction....

Yep....:o me too! Although last year on the Legend I was the one that was always asking "where 'ya going" and that was a first! Even on the last day DH would come off of the elevator and turn the wrong way :eek: ....it was quite comical. Mainly because for the first time it was not me!!

On the Legend last year, all of our TV stations were from Denver. Is it the same on the Liberty?

I think someone asked this already, but I can't find the post.

Yep- so if you watch a certain program at a certain time-- the time difference might make a difference.

We missed survivor one year because of it.

Anyone know the Camp Carnival hours for the Liberty? We're sailing on the 6 day (new itinerary) on Aug. 12th, and I'm trying to figure out which night would be best for Harrys. Can't do it unless I have somewhere to put the kid. :)

Anyone know the Camp Carnival hours for the Liberty? We're sailing on the 6 day (new itinerary) on Aug. 12th, and I'm trying to figure out which night would be best for Harrys. Can't do it unless I have somewhere to put the kid. :)

They are usually closed between 12-2pm for lunch and 6-8pm for dinner.

unless the kids are having dinner together on specific days.

it is a beautiful ship, wonderful, but cruise worst cabin ever. I'm guessing we were above the stage over the theatre (I was told this was an upgraded cabin) and it was noisy all day long from travel talks, to bingo, to dancers and band practicing and then the shows and then maybe a late night show. No matter waht time of the day you were in the cabin there was music applause or just loud announcements. Then at around 1:30 am I heard drums I figured it was the band practicing in the middle of the night. Nope it was some jerk in the cabin across from us just being clueless or very rude playing his drums. The second time it happened we called security but of course they were quiet by the time they got there, so then the security knocks on our cabin door like we were making up a story about the noise. So if you are not sure about the location of your cabin (or one that you do not want ) check the deck plans and see what is above and below you. I will never be fooled again!

Is that so anyone can swim in good weather or bad? I'm assuming....

The retractlable is mostly opened. But it was closed last February--

it was 52 degrees in the Bahama, it started warming up by Wednesday.

Check cruiseclues.com there u can see the camp carnival capers.

I will also be on the same cruise ...I am counting the days!:D

does anyone know if you can bring beer with you on board? I have hear in the past that you can bring it if it's packed inside your suitcase, but then i have also heard that when the suitcases go through security and it's found it's taken away

thanks

does anyone know if you can bring beer with you on board? I have hear in the past that you can bring it if it's packed inside your suitcase, but then i have also heard that when the suitcases go through security and it's found it's taken away

thanks

The "rule" is no - you can not bring any alcoholic beverages on board - with the exception of "fine wine".

But if you hang out on these boards long enough you will see that many folks pack a variety of adult beverages in their luggage and most report not problems what so ever.

Who is the Cruise Director on the Liberty now? We are cruising 9/29. Also, the piano bar...if anyone knows, is Damian still there? We really did not enjoy him.

Damian is currently on the Liberty. He leaves on August 26th, I believe this has been a fairly long run for him. I don't know how long he will be off, but Brad Alexander is taking over for him. It's possible (though by no means guaranteed) that Brad will still be there on 9/29.

Laura

Who is the Cruise Director on the Liberty now? We are cruising 9/29. Also, the piano bar...if anyone knows, is Damian still there? We really did not enjoy him.

Birdie16- Welcome! How about come join our Roll call thread. Sept 29, 2007, Liberty Western 8-day. We are having a Meet & Greet on Sun Sept 30th

Cheri

thanks

The "rule" is no - you can not bring any alcoholic beverages on board - with the exception of "fine wine".

But if you hang out on these boards long enough you will see that many folks pack a variety of adult beverages in their luggage and most report not problems what so ever.

i would not think glass would be very safe the way they toss the bags....so, not that i've ever done it :rolleyes: but i've "heard" that pouring spirits into plastic water bottles, putting those into a ziploc and centering in your big bag, things make it to the cabin just fine.

I brought some drinks onboard. I brought a 12 pack of pepsi a 8 pk of small bottles of coke ..for the rum some water bottles and packed it in a small suitcase I walked that right on the boat. I put the rum and vodka in water bottles and also some empty coke bottles the small plastic types and put that in my luggage. it went thru fine. We had a few drinks from the room but also in the other places we bought some. We also brought a few glasses for hot or cold drinks. I used it for hot tea or coffee at times too since the ship gets cold. Carnival Capers is open in the morning closes I think for lunch and opens again closes again for dinner time opens about 545 the kids can eat dinner with the other children too they will have a time set to go and listen to what they will do and what ages who can sign out and who cant. Its free till 10 pm then open till 3am We had a 7 year old who loved it. but we didnt put her in all the time. She spent time with us then in the afternoon she asked to go. We took her out for dinner with us. One night she wanted to eat with the kids. They always have something going for them keeping them busy making things etc...then late at night its slumber party time with a movie. I have to say I would give them a 10 for the way they handled children. There was 900 of them on the week of the 29th It really didnt seem like it at all.

Archived