Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Hey Eddy I'm gonna be on the July 21 cruise. I tried to talk to you on myspace, but didn't work. Are you gonna play some current music?

yep current chart stuf, some hip hop & rnb, some disco, 70's, 80's, some latin and maybe even some country. A mixed bag really

yep current chart stuf, some hip hop & rnb, some disco, 70's, 80's, some latin and maybe even some country. A mixed bag really

NOOOOOOO! Not country:p. I live in country music heaven and I can't stand the stuff. Maybe I'll go pee when you start to play that!:D

Anyone that has been on the Liberty 8-day Eastern itinerary recently....where did you dock in St. Thomas? I know they have 2 docks in St. Thomas and I am just wondering which one we will be at. Thank you!

For anyone curious about becoming a VIP member with Carnival, it takes 10 Carnival cruises to get there. Any length of cruise counts, so even the shorter 3, 4, and 5 day trips will help get you to your goal. Also, Cruises To Nowhere (CTN) will get you there, as well. Thank you to LibertyCruiser for posting this list in another thread.....it's all the perks you receive once you become a VIP guest with Carnival:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles...erge_club.aspx

Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade

* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation

Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club” members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club” members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

Looks good to me! I am going on #5 cruise in 2 weeks and we have #6 cruise booked, already! :D Happy Cruising Everyone!

And after your first cruise, you get a "gold" card which entitles you to the past-guest cocktail party. I guess a few free drinks are better than nothing. I didnt realize all of the perks with platinum...this is great information.

How obstructed are the views in the cat. 6B rooms at the front of the ship? There are some rooms available in the Lido, Empress, and Upper decks. I'm just curious how blocked or view will be. Also, do you feel the ship move more in the front?

Thanks ;-)

How obstructed are the views in the cat. 6B rooms at the front of the ship? There are some rooms available in the Lido, Empress, and Upper decks. I'm just curious how blocked or view will be. Also, do you feel the ship move more in the front?

Thanks ;-)

the decks outside of these cabins are public- You will be keeping your curtains closed as people can see into your cabin.

(or so they say-- its like a two way mirror on the outside-)

but few people know about the access to this area--it would be like your own balcony.

2523361550062547426dCCJGH_th.jpg

your view will be the wall.

2523144570062547426hOPFvL_th.jpg

You want to be careful and check deck plans and look at the symbol in a cabin before you book it. SOme cabins are handicapped and the beds do NOT go together.

2030749760062547426fXUEUk_th.jpg

if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you are on the ship-- more so on the front.

Serene,

Thanks! I was wondering if it would be worth it to save some money and book one of those cabins as opposed to the balcony... but I didn't even realize that people would be walking by outside :eek:

I think we would be more comfortable in a balcony room (I was spoiled on my first cruise :o ).

Thanks for posting the pics! :)

Sometimes booking an oceanview cabin wil save many dollars.

Depends on what is important.

MOST people dont know about those outsdie public areas outside the cabin. The windows are not like windows where people can actually see into them- they have like a two way mirror on them.

People will use the window to fix their hair or check their reflection- sometimes could be hilarious- since people dont know you can see them.

Oh I know what you mean! I figured we'd save a couple of bucks and take an OV room this year. But the only ones left are at the front of the ship.

(On DBF's first cruise, his room was at the front of the ship and they got hit with a hurricane, so he's really not too keen on being in the front of the ship again lol).

So I think we'll pay the extra money and get the balcony. We really loved our room on the Legend.

Like I said... I'm spoiled now lol

Glad to be aboard both these boards and the Carnival Liberty 11/10/2007!:) Wondering if anyone has any recent capers for the eastern itinerary of the Liberty and or knows where i can find prices and times for excursions. We were thinking of going on more than one some of the days time permitting. Also has anyone done the Breezes excursion at Nassau. Thanks in advance!:D

JP32

Carnival Liberty 11/2007

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Celebration

Carnival Holiday

are you booked on that cruise?? if so you can view prices on the carnival web site.

figuring you are registered to use the site-- click on MY PROFILE and then ADD A BOOKING. put in your information and your cruise will be listed on the home page. click on cruise details will show you the ports you are going to -- on each port will be a list VIEW SHORE EXCURSIONS. which will list the activity--and price..click on book it now will show you the times available. WOnt charge you nothing until you put in your CC #

Thanks serene56 for your help! Checked out all the excursions and many were missing, does that mean they sold out? Do they add any later, because Nassau only had 3 to choose from?:confused:

Anyone been to Harry's Supper Club on the Liberty??? How was it???

Harry's was a great experience. I've always had good meals in the dining room, but Harry's was definitely a cut above and worth the extra charge. There are items on Harry's menu that sound similar to dining room items - lobster bisque, for example - but what you get at Harry's is a very different product. I opted for filet mignon while DH went for surf and turf. There was much more food than I could possibly eat.

Harry's was a great experience. I've always had good meals in the dining room, but Harry's was definitely a cut above and worth the extra charge. There are items on Harry's menu that sound similar to dining room items - lobster bisque, for example - but what you get at Harry's is a very different product. I opted for filet mignon while DH went for surf and turf. There was much more food than I could possibly eat.

We went to the pay extra restaurants on both the Pride and Miracle, and we did not feel either experience was appreciably better than the regular restaurant. We will be skipping Harry's on our July Liberty cruise.

John & Shari

Thanks serene56 for your help! Checked out all the excursions and many were missing, does that mean they sold out? Do they add any later, because Nassau only had 3 to choose from?:confused:

are you crusing soon?

here is the port of calls board- you can find vendors for cheap compared to what carnival offers

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

most of the excursions you see online you can book on the ship- they hold some reservations for people who dont access computers.

Possibly there are only three for Nassau because of the short time the ship is there. On our Dec 16 sailing we are only there from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. There are currently NO excursions listed for Nassau.

Check again at 12o days out.

We had the lobster bisque in the Golden Fleece on the Legend last Fall and it was wonderful. Quite different from the dining room. Harry's looks to be decorated nice, you agree???

Dan

Archived