Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

We went to the pay extra restaurants on both the Pride and Miracle, and we did not feel either experience was appreciably better than the regular restaurant. We will be skipping Harry's on our July Liberty cruise.

John & Shari

Hey there Schasz- We did the supper club on the Pride as well...not sure if we are doing Harrys on the 7/29. Seems like we were never quite hungry enough to enjoy since we eat all of the time...it was hard to hold our appetite.

We went to the pay extra restaurants on both the Pride and Miracle, and we did not feel either experience was appreciably better than the regular restaurant. We will be skipping Harry's on our July Liberty cruise.

John & Shari

Hey there Schasz- We did the supper club on the Pride as well...not sure if we are doing Harrys on the 7/29. Seems like we were never quite hungry enough to enjoy ..it was hard to hold our appetite with all of the food around the ship.

We had the lobster bisque in the Golden Fleece on the Legend last Fall and it was wonderful. Quite different from the dining room. Harry's looks to be decorated nice, you agree???

Dan

I liked the decor. The theme is jewelry (Harry = Harry Winston, the LA jeweler); there is neon, but it's pretty subdued. We didn't go to the Golden Fleece last year - we thought about it, but we had such a great server in the dining room, we went to the dining room every night. We had great servers on Liberty as well, but really wanted to try the supper club for once. We just told our servers the night before that we were going, so they didn't expect us.

Anyone interested in the drink prices/bar prices? I found this link to the drink menu and pricing. According to the poster, Jleq, the prices in May 2007 were only about $0.25 - $0.50 higher than these. I hope this helps! Here is the original post by Jleq:

As of 5/07, prices only 25-50 cents higher than below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...98&postcount=2

I "stole" this from another thread. Here is some really great info, thanks to LibertyCruiser! This will give you most everything you need to know if you are driving to the cruise ship in Fort Lauderdale/ Port Everglades. Thanks again, LibertyCruiser, for the awesome info!

ADDRESS: Port Everglades

S.E. 10th Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Travel Time:

• 2 miles from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport; travel time is approximately 5 minutes.
  • 30 miles from Miami International Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes.

DIRECTIONS TO THE PORT:

I-595 is an East/West Interstate with connections to I-95, the Florida Turnpike, U.S. 1, State Road 7 (441), I-75 and the Sawgrass Expressway.

• Take I-595 East straight into Port Everglades.
  • Once in Port Everglades, I-595 becomes Eller Drive/10th Avenue.
  • At the traffic light, proceed straight on 10th Avenue. You will approach a sign with instructions that will direct you to the ship's assigned terminal.
  • The entrance to the Midport Parking Garage will be located on the left side of 10th Avenue

PARKING: $12 per day (rates subject to change by the Port Authority)

• Midport Parking Garage: 6-floors, 2000 spaces.
  • Security-patrolled and illuminated.
  • Full payment due upon exiting the parking garage.
  • Accepted forms of payment: U.S. Dollars; Visa; Master Card; American Express.
  • No advance reservations required.
  • Oversized vehicles up to 40 feet in length will pay $15 per day.
  • Handicap Parking available with proof of valid permit.

or more information: USA Parking, 1-954-462-7287.

Anyone interested in the drink prices/bar prices? I found this link to the drink menu and pricing. According to the poster, Jleq, the prices in May 2007 were only about $0.25 - $0.50 higher than these. I hope this helps! Here is the original post by Jleq:

As of 5/07, prices only 25-50 cents higher than below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...98&postcount=2

Very thoughtful and informative. Thanks. Enjoy your cruise.!!!!

Dan

Not sure if you will get this one before you get on but if you do, just wanted to say HI. We are friends of Damians from Dallas. We use to come down to Galveston on Sundays and eat with him. We sailed the conquest when you were on it in September last year; us, Damian, Todd and you hung out one night about all night along with Mouna. I actually think he called me from London or somewhere and you were with him last year. Well if you get this tell Damian and Todd, Charles and Paige said Hello

We are so excited! We had reserved a suite on the Legend for our honeymoon cruise and were originally unable to book an aft suite as none were available....fiance called Carnival to verify because we really wanted to try that type of room out.

I randomly checked up on our reservation today and looked for available rooms. Someone must have cancelled their reservation because we were able to switch into an available aft suite! Hooray! :D

Hi Host Terry- I sent you an email asking to forward your capers to

www.cruisedailies.com His name is Brian and he does a wonderful job trying to keep it up to date- depends on us posters mostly to send him our capers.

if you want to checkout his page and see if any of the capers that you are interested in-- click onthe mainlink

AlleyCat:

Did you book yet?? We booked a few months ago and the prices seem to go up all the time!

No we haven't booked yet. DBF is in a car situation, and is trying to get everything straightened out. I have a funny feeling we will not be going anywhere anytime soon... which is really disappointing. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I might just book it to hold the spot, and if I have to cancel it I will. ::sigh:: what to do.... :(

he isnt BAD, he is just OK.

I honestly thought Todd was the CD before i boarded. James was like a fly-by-night CD...didnt see much...and the public areas were not utilized to their fullest potential.

John H is by far the best!

he isnt BAD, he is just OK.

I honestly thought Todd was the CD before i boarded. James was like a fly-by-night CD...didnt see much...and the public areas were not utilized to their fullest potential.

John H is by far the best!

i hope he is goodnext week

For those of you who have done the 8-day Eastern, do they have one or two $15 laundry specials during the week? And did they give you one bag or two (I've always seen only one, but we got two on the Ecstasy last month). Trying to figure out ways to minimize packing without doing laundry myself.

James Smith :(

he is the floater when CDs take vacations. I was looking to see when the Cd was heaing off on vacation.

I agree about John Heald-- we had him on the Liberty last February.

This is the only cruise that we bought the cds of his shows.

Archived