What's wrong with forward balcony cabins? Radiance class

I just picked up a forward balcony cabin on the Serenade of the Seas on deck 9. I realize that hump and aft cabins are more desirable but why are there so much discussion about aft cabins?

I understand the balconys are bigger in the rear of the ship but it seems the forward cabins have a better view of the water directly below on Radiance class ships.

There's nothing wrong with forward balconies that I know of. "Hump" cabins have fabulous locations (on some ships they have larger balconies), and some people love the aft cabins for various reasons (often they mention the size of the balconies). Our first balcony was a forward balcony on level 6 of Explorer, and we loved it.

The way I see it, ANY balcony is better than NO balcony!:D

I agree.........there is nothing wrong with a forward cabin.......we have stayed there many a cruise........and a balcony is great no matter what location.

People think there is more movement felt in the forward part of the ship. And...you do, if the ocean is rough enough. But, you will feel movement everywhere on the ship in that case. While it may bother others, I kind of like to know I'm at sea.

We've been in forward cabins in the past (not balconies) and we did feel more movement, it was only a problem a couple of times, so be sure to take motion sickness remedies with you (I would do this no matter what position I was located).

If you think of a ship like a see-saw, you will see why the front and rear of a ship experiences more movement! The "hump" area doesn't give you any more appreciable space--it's just totally convenient to stairs and elevators! your cabin will be fine! The view from any balcony is superb--you will see all you need to see!

We were three from the front on a Radiance class on the 8th deck....and that meant we could look right in the bridge above us....but it did not block our view looking forward or backward. It was our first cruise on this type of ship. I wouldn't have wanted any closer due to obstructions.

Lou

We were three from the front on a Radiance class on the 8th deck....and that meant we could look right in the bridge above us....but it did not block our view looking forward or backward. It was our first cruise on this type of ship. I wouldn't have wanted any closer due to obstructions.

Lou

My stateroom is not that far up but how was the rocking motion?

I don't mind the front of the ship. You will get more movement there, but you are on a ship at sea after all.

I pick a stateroom based on whats above me. We sail with out kids, so I like the solarium above us. (Adult area)

I've been on a forward balcony cabin on Radiance, and didn't notice any significant motion. Just make sure to be "decent" when on the balcony, since the bridge sticks out and the officers can see you. :) I'd wave to them every morning when having my morning cup of coffee.

T

Just make sure to be "decent" when on the balcony, since the bridge sticks out and the officers can see you. :) I'd wave to them every morning when having my morning cup of coffee.

T

:) That's good to know!!

Archived