Victory at Sea

Tina G

Our local PBS station is running a marathon of "Victory at Sea" WW II programs. Princess used to have a Pacific Islands cruise of many WW II battle sites. Has anyone done this? How was it? (Thanks, all you vets!!!!):)

We went on a WW2 Battlegrounds cruise, Sky Princess, 9-00, San Francisco to Sydney, and it was outstanding! It was also the last voyage of Sky Princess as a Princess ship.

Guests Lecturers were very good, and the special excursions at various island battle sites were very well done.

I would do a similar cruise again in a heartbeat. Their later WW2 itineraries have been more in the North Pacific than South Pacific, but equally interesting, I think.

Druke I, that's the cruise DH wants to do. He is glued to the TV with a map in his lap, watching the WW II footage. He spent hours in the Liberty Ship at San Francisco, after our last cruise. I think it would be great if we were on that cruise with veterans - my Dad was on the hopital ship USS Repose in '45. Wish I had listened more to his stories. He never got over seeing some of the wounded, and he died age 44.

Archived