Balcony Gaurantee

belkin

We are looking at sailing on the Legend or the Valor this November and have been busy getting quotes.

Has anyone had any experience with a balcony guarantee?

I see many people on this site talking about specific room

numbers. Is it best to book that way or do you miss out on

the chance for an upgrade.

There's a good thread on this currently over on the Carnival board. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=561810

There are varying opinions on that thread.

For me, we have booked a BL category for the first time on our upcoming Christmas cruise later this year. It will be our first guarantee cabin, so I'll have plenty to report after that cruise! Anyway, take a look at the link above and I think it will be a lot of help!

If you can book when Carnival has free upgrades then pick a cabin, most love the aft views and wrap around corners and mid balconys come in a close second.

If it costs quite a bit to upgrade, then get the guarantee and hope to be kissed by the upgrade fairy is what Id do.

The answer depends on the pricing.

lots of people book gurantees, some get upgraded some dont. By reading these boards it reads like almost everyone gets upgraded.. especially to the next category.

Conflicting reports about the obstructed balconies cat 7A being given as a balc gurantee-- some believe you cant get those -- others say yes.

when looking at the stateroom section a 7A IS listed on the bal;cony cat-- its a small chance of getting that-- is why people book a 8A guarantee.

Booking guarantee is sometimes a lot cheaper-- sometimes that difference can be 100pp cheaper.

If its your first cruise-- you have nothing to compare it to-- so thats the way you should go.--especially on this class of ship.

Getting ready to go on FIRST cruise.... so take what I say with a grain of salt! DH and I had no preference for a certain room...having never cruised before. We booked a 8D guarantee that way we knew at the very least we would have an clear view, no obstructions, but with the potential for an upgrade. We DID end up with an upgrade to an 11. That being said it seems like the pro's would much rather hand select their room to avoid noisey areas, make sure they get wrap around balconies, etc.

Even though we did get upgraded this time...we will probably pick our cabin next time...after all what are the chances of getting upgraded 2 out of 2 cruises?!?

Jennifer

Archived