NCL Star - Teen Activities?

qwert

We'll be on the 6/16 cruise to Alaska on the NCL Star in 3 wks and will have 4 teenagers with us (12-16 yrs). What kind of activities are there for them? Do they get their own dailies? Is it safe to let them off on their own on the ship?

We'll be on the 6/16 cruise to Alaska on the NCL Star in 3 wks and will have 4 teenagers with us (12-16 yrs). What kind of activities are there for them? Do they get their own dailies? Is it safe to let them off on their own on the ship?

I am not sure if the activities are the same on all itineraries, but my then 15 yo DD had a ball on the star in Mexico. There are all kinds of activities, from scavenger hunts (not at all what you think), to movie parties, to just hanging out with kids their own age. After I and my DW made sure that it was safe, my daughter would leave after breakfast, and we sometimes would not see her until about 1 am. Now before anyone flames me for being a bad parent, I will tell you that on most of those nights, there was a staff member in the teen center that late. Hope this helps, and have a GREAT cruise!!!

Bill

Here's the question I still have about the teen programs. Do you need to formally sign up for the program or can any teen use the teen club areas when they feel like it? I will be on the Star soon with 12 and 13 yo daughters. The 12 year old couldn't hang out there, I guess. The 13 year old won't go alone. Kind of hard when they are in 2 different age groups. Any suggestions from anyone who has expereicend this?

Archived