Time management help

mountaingurl

Okay, let me tell you a little about me. I am like Chevy Chase off of National Lampoons. I like to know what I am doing, where I am going, and like to utilize as much time efficiently as possible. I am however not uptight, and if plans change or do not fall into perfect place, I am completely okay with that(hey we all change our minds sometimes after we get there and see something else fun). I just HAVE to have a plan or I stress, does that make sense? Here's the deal. 7-5 in Cozumel. Here are the must do's: eat real mexican food(safe but "real" mexican food), visit paradise beach, and shop(the real must do of the whole thing, but don't let hubby know). Daughter states she must ride horses on the beach as well. So, here's the quest. What should I do and when? Do the shops open up at 7? I will be off of the ship by 7:30 if all goes as planned. Should I just hire a car for the day, would that make better sense for time management? I already have an organized notebook of activities and places in Cozumel. For me, that is part of the fun, just getting ready and daydreaming. Thanks for any suggestions. I just want to please everyone, so we all get to do something we want EFFICIENTLY. Beach for the kids, shopping for me, and food for hubby.

Okay, let me tell you a little about me. I am like Chevy Chase off of National Lampoons. I like to know what I am doing, where I am going, and like to utilize as much time efficiently as possible. I am however not uptight, and if plans change or do not fall into perfect place, I am completely okay with that(hey we all change our minds sometimes after we get there and see something else fun). I just HAVE to have a plan or I stress, does that make sense? Here's the deal. 7-5 in Cozumel. Here are the must do's: eat real mexican food(safe but "real" mexican food), visit paradise beach, and shop(the real must do of the whole thing, but don't let hubby know). Daughter states she must ride horses on the beach as well. So, here's the quest. What should I do and when? Do the shops open up at 7? I will be off of the ship by 7:30 if all goes as planned. Should I just hire a car for the day, would that make better sense for time management? I already have an organized notebook of activities and places in Cozumel. For me, that is part of the fun, just getting ready and daydreaming. Thanks for any suggestions. I just want to please everyone, so we all get to do something we want EFFICIENTLY. Beach for the kids, shopping for me, and food for hubby.

You will be the only ship on 9/25, and will dock at the punta langosta pier (closest to town)!!!:D Most shops near the pier will open when a ship docks, the downtown shops may aswell... Take a short walk into town do your shopping, then grab a cabbie to Mr Sancho's ($15 up to four people) for the horseback ride, you can ride along the edge of the forest or beach edge but not near the water... After the ride grab another cab to Paradise Beach I'm guessing about $5. The chef at PB does a great job and you may check the menu as you may get your Mexican food there, or after the beach Take a taxi back into town and try La Choza, or Casa Denis.. Both are great and highly recommended. Sounds like a busy day!!!:D

Fisrt of all, get a map from http://www.cancunmap.com, then one from Cozumel and study it a bit, then like Ken said, take a walk into town if you are at Punta Langosta, do your shopping

If you want a car stop by Puro Mar surf-kite and bikini shop (5ht ave with 3rd street), we will work you out a car and give you some info on where to go and how to get there. Either me or my wife are always here. Car runs for 45-85 depending on what you want. the other option its cabbie but more pricey in the long run.

Mr Snchos is the one with horses near the water but no other will let you ride in the water as ken said.

Drive around the whole island and do some drinks and snacks at the beach clubs and then when you get back to town do your real Meal at either Casa Denis (the oldest restaurant in town and founded by my grand parents) or La Choza, both are good and safe.

then drop off the car ans walk safe to the ship

if you need any more info let us know!!!

Adrian

Thanks to both of you for you ideas. I am taking advice from both of you!!!! This is exactly what I need. I know it does sound like we will be busy that day, but with 10 hours I can accomplish a lot. I am so glad we will dock close to town! I can not wait to shop. I want to get a little dress for my 5 year old. I also hope to get a bracelet for myself. Hubby hopes he does not have to hold any bags LOL! He loathes shopping, and so does my 11 year old daughter. She would rather be burned alive than shop. I'm very excited to see Cozumel. Visiting Mexico has been a life long dream of mine. It is only one of 2 countries outside of the US that I'm really dying to see, although I am sure there are many other lovely places. Thanks again for the advice. This was exactly what I was searching for. PS thanks for not telling me to just relax and go with the flow!

Archived