We kayaked in Sitka!

Kathy0418

One of our most fun excursions last week was in Sitka. Our family wanted to kayak but not in bad weather so we didn't book ahead. Upon arrival in Sitka we went to the visitor center and asked around. One person told us all the kayak excursions had already left but another told us to go to the blue bus in the parking lot. We found a great guide who took the four of us by jeep to a boat launch closer to the bridge where we had a personal tour in two 2-person kayaks for about 2 hours. It only costs $65 each which was much cheaper than any of the ones I had found online. He suited us up and even took pictures with our digital camera. We didn't think we could handle paddling and photography but ended up with beautiful shots. We approached 3 female sea lions from a distance and within minutes they popped up less than 10 feet away. It was incredible. Anyway, it is called Sitka Sound Ocean Adventures. I grabbed a brochure because I didn't want to forget.

Archived