Balcony cabins sold out 4 months before sailing? Carnival Liberty - 9/29

Mandygal

Good Evening,

I was just checking the price of my September 29 Liberty Cruise to see if it had decreased. I happened to notice that all of the balcony rooms are sold out. Isn't it unusual for the balconies to sell out this early? I don't even have a balcony booked. I am just curious.

Just shows that some cruise dates are extremely popular, either because of timing of vacations, pricing, or both.

There are no balcony cabins available on the November 17, 2008 Carnival Splendor sailing. They were gone eighteen months in advance, and the darn ship ain't even built yet! All due to timing and great price.

Just shows that some cruise dates are extremely popular, either because of timing of vacations, pricing, or both.

There are no balcony cabins available on the November 17, 2008 Carnival Splendor sailing. They were gone eighteen months in advance, and the darn ship ain't even built yet! All due to timing and great price.

As a matter of fact, there are no ocean view cabins left on that sailing either...only interior cabins, 5A and down.

You all make perfect sense! I think I am just surprised because I was thinking this would be a slow time to sail. It seems like it would be a quiet month with all of the kiddies getting back to school and all.

I hope a large group hasn't chartered most of the ship! That wouldn't be too much fun not to be in the "in crowd." ;)

There are some issues booking the Splendor via carnival.com -- i called their 1-800 number today because it kept saying the balconies were sold out on a different sailing date and they were not ....

It seems like it would be a quiet month with all of the kiddies getting back to school and all.

that's why some of us pick it! We never have to complain about kids on our cruises because we purposely plan our vacations this way... Obviously we're not alone ;)

The Valor Nov 11 balcony cabins are also sold out as I was checking for a price decrease .Myfamily and I booked two back in feb. And it's six months away. :D

I'm on the Valor Nov. 11th, too! I have a Balcony Guarantee, so they had better have saved one for me. (Unless they want to upgrade me to a suite...!)

You all make perfect sense! I think I am just surprised because I was thinking this would be a slow time to sail. It seems like it would be a quiet month with all of the kiddies getting back to school and all.

I hope a large group hasn't chartered most of the ship! That wouldn't be too much fun not to be in the "in crowd." ;)

We are booked on the September 29 cruise. Carnival offered deep discounts on this cruise last Fall and earlier this year. We booked on 11/14, $760 BA, Category 8A. Two days later there was a sale, and our TA was able to get us $660 BA and a 3 category upgrade to 8D on the Lido deck. I think that's why all of the BA and ocean views are gone. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

that's why some of us pick it! We never have to complain about kids on our cruises because we purposely plan our vacations this way... Obviously we're not alone ;)

HI Bernie,

I'm finally in your shoes and don't have to book in the summer anymore. Have one booked for September and booked the Caribbean Princess today for February. Doing both for the same price we used to pay for one.

Balconies are sold out for the 2/2/08 sailing already!! Now that's early.

kitty

people want to watch the Super Bowl on the big screen on deck.

Bill

10/27 Liberty is sold out of balcony doubles, as well. This may change after final payment date. There may be several TA's holding group space which will be released after final payment date.

HI Bernie,

Hey, Bill -

How are you? We've gotten addicted to the September cruises. Prices are cheap because of hurricane season and kids are back in school.

Hope you and the fam are well :)

Bernie

Somebody mentioned that a ship was sold out and it hasn't even been built. I've often wondered about statistics in regards to whether most new ships actually make their first sailing. It seems as if I read about ships that don't and folks get free cruises or heavy discounts. Do you think this motivates people to book these type cruises in hopes of this happening or statistically is it not significant?

Somebody mentioned that a ship was sold out and it hasn't even been built. I've often wondered about statistics in regards to whether most new ships actually make their first sailing. It seems as if I read about ships that don't and folks get free cruises or heavy discounts. Do you think this motivates people to book these type cruises in hopes of this happening or statistically is it not significant?

A. Are you on some type of medication that is impairing your ability to be coherent???

B. Stop wondering!

C. This has nothing to do with this thread, does not address, respond, dispute, provide any value to the creator of this thread.

OP, you have gotten your answer - it just depends. Wait till final payment before you really know what is sold and what is not.

I don't remember hearing about a ship that hasn't been ready in time for the first sailing... so I don't know what to tell you there... perhaps many years ago that may have been the case? I really think that people are more into booking the maiden voyage, than gambling that the ship really won't be ready... I seriously doubt that scenario crosses many minds when booking.

I don't remember hearing about a ship that hasn't been ready in time for the first sailing... so I don't know what to tell you there... perhaps many years ago that may have been the case? I really think that people are more into booking the maiden voyage, than gambling that the ship really won't be ready... I seriously doubt that scenario crosses many minds when booking.

Some people book them hoping they won't be ready. In the past people have gotten very nice compensation. This was on Princess.

Bill

Admiral I can't tell you how many postings I read that are off topic. In virtually every thread they sometimes go on and on. People discussing where they are from, making remarks about things off color and the list goes on. I make a posting and you go off the deep end. Go figure!

Admiral, furthermore the comment about being on medication and impairing my ability to be coherent...well that might have gotten a rise out of some folks, but no matter what you are anybody throw in my direction, I NEVER respond in kind with meanspirited words, that's just not my style. So you can hurl your abuse and I will just let it splatter all over me, but I won't do the same to you. See, even when I don't start a thread and just ask a question in relationship to another posting it causes a bashing. Have you noticed the number of postings that are off topic in many threads? Granted this would be great if everybody adhered to the rule, but don't beat me up and make that type of posting just for me. If you notice, the vast majority of my posting on right on point.

Archived