Pride of Aloha 5/20 - 5/27 Buffet Service

fas8253

Just came back from our cruise. Was anyone else on the ship that week?

What was the deal with the buffet line? I think it was Thursday morning we served ourselves then by Thursday evening, it was no longer self serve. They served you everything, even your drinks. No one said why, but we heard rumors that 3 crew members became ill that prepared food for the buffets? Did anyone else hear anything? NCL would not say anything.:eek:

We had the reverse on our cruise. The buffet was wrapped in plastic for the first three or four days. After I came back, I read a review from person on the cruise the week before us, and he said that they had a norovirus breakout that week, so we apparently had the remnants of the precautions.

Our son worked on that ship and several (like 20) cabins were quarantined with GI. He does room service so it is a hassle when that happens. He told me to watch the message boards because he expected complaints but so far I haven't seen any.

FYI - our son is headed over to the POAmerica today - he received a promotion to Asst. Systems Manager and will now be 'staff' instead of 'crew'. Finally getting to put that college computer degree to use! Needless to say, he is excited!

Our son worked on that ship and several (like 20) cabins were quarantined with GI. He does room service so it is a hassle when that happens. He told me to watch the message boards because he expected complaints but so far I haven't seen any.

FYI - our son is headed over to the POAmerica today - he received a promotion to Asst. Systems Manager and will now be 'staff' instead of 'crew'. Finally getting to put that college computer degree to use! Needless to say, he is excited!

I'll see him saturday. Very happy for him!

I was on that cruise too and it took me a little while to put 2 and 2 together. It was definitely a GI outbreak. The night before, we sat with 2 people (minus their spouses) in the dining room because the spouses were back in the cabin sick. Guess we lucked out that we didn't come down with it.

The first thing I asked one of the Officers was it the Norvirus and she told us no.

When we talked with the crew memebers we heard some crew members were sick. Some of the male crew members have 4 in a cabin and we heard from one of them that all 4 had been sick, one of the guys was sick from Monday and stayed in bed for most of the week.

Our room steward said he was sick, but he was coughing.

It does not surprise me that people get sick, have you noticed how many during the Drill put the whistles in their mouths and blow them!?

I am sorry for the ones that did get sick.

One thing I can say is it is a wonder more people are not sick if the other cabins were as dirty as our was.

Our phone looked like it had never been cleaned, thank goodness I bring Clorox wipes with us.

I am not kidding when I tell you the few drawers were so dirty. It had so much Dirt inside the drawers that I had to use a few Clorox wipes to get it all picked up.

We still enjoyed our trip to Hawaii in spite of the lazy cabin steward we had. He was very nice but it showed that he loved to talk a good story but not do the work.

Shay1

We were told by a service person at the buffet Fri morning that too many passengers didn't wash their hands and that is why so many were sick! We did hear of a lot of passengers sick from about Wed. on.

Archived