Port of Honolulu Question...

rkaratsu

We will be arriving in Honolulu around 11am and our ship doesn't sail until 9pm.

My question is once you check in on the ship, can you get off the ship and check out the Port of Honolulu (and the nearby surrounds. Actually, what I would like to do is be able to check in, unpack and then get off the ship and buy some wine, water, etc. and bring back on-board).

Thanks!

We will be arriving in Honolulu around 11am and our ship doesn't sail until 9pm.

My question is once you check in on the ship, can you get off the ship and check out the Port of Honolulu (and the nearby surrounds. Actually, what I would like to do is be able to check in, unpack and then get off the ship and buy some wine, water, etc. and bring back on-board).

Thanks!

What ship??

But to answer the original poster’s question, yes, you can get off the ship after checking in – you just need to be onboard when requested and at your muster drill. With a 9:00 sailing time, you could go down to Waikiki – it’s a 15 minute cab ride.

That is what I was thinking. :confused:
I just double-checked on the Princess site and there are a couple of Papeete cruises embarking in Honolulu.

That said, bdjam is correct. You can check-in, embark the ship, then leave to do what you want onshore. Be very aware of the Muster time and the time you need to be back onboard the ship. If sailaway is 9PM, you'll need to be back no later than 8PM.

And traffic in Honolulu can be nasty so leave an extra 30 minutes...
Absolutely. On the other hand, there are some nice restaurants, shopping and sight-seeing within walking distance to the pier. We went to a wonderful Chinese restaurant on the 2nd floor on the tower next to the pier that was wonderful.

Yes, we are going out on the Tahitian Princess. And fortunately, we have family in Hawaii so at least this time, we don't need to do any visiting so dealing with traffic won't be an issue.

It is good to know that we can get on and off the ship if need be (the need being to stock up on wine, water, etc!) And as we sail off to paradise, we will think good thoughts for all of you. We'll, maybe not...

But thanks again. This board rocks! :]

Archived