Spirit review 5/19 - 5/28

newyork

I'm usually just a lurker on these boards, but after reading the negative review regarding the Spirit last week I thought I would add my opinion. First let me say that I have never been on a cruise before, so I don't have anything to compare it too. However, I have traveled all over the world, and also enjoy first class ammenities. With that said I had an awesome time on the Spirit!!

We were able to get into our rooms the second we stepped onto the ship - it was around noon. We also had a balcony room and thought there was plenty of room. We even had a child in our room.

The food was great! We did room service for breakfast most of the time because of our child, however we made it to Raffles twice for breakfast and found it to be great. (Room service for breakfast was very limited - fruit, muffins and yogurt was all that was offered) We ate at Windows every day for lunch and usually ate at one of the speciality restaurants for dinner. We had no problem getting good reservations. The chocolate buffet was terrific!

I agree that the beach towels were a little thin. And I though the spa services were a little over-priced. We also had a difficult time getting straight answers - i.e - which night was formal night and what time can you pick up alcohol on the last night. But, I personally feel that these minor things can be overlooked. I thought that the waitstaff, bartenders, maids were all very nice. Overall, we had an amazing time and I would recommend NCL to anyone!

I was in NYC on the 19th and watched the Spirit sail away from my hotel room. We sailed on her last year with our 3 grown kids in their early 20's. It was our third cruise and their first. We all had a great time and just loved the Spirit!! I'm so happy to hear you had a good "first" cruise!! Here's to many, many more!!:D

We booked a cruise on the Spirit for Aug. 18 2007. But I could not wait. So we hopped on board in April. I wanted to check it out, just to make sure it was the right ship for the cruise in Aug. We had a great time. We are going back as planned plus with 25 more passangers. This was not a first crusie for us but it will be for most of the 25. Some cruises are better than others. But what can beat a vacation. Glad you had a great time. Hope you can get away and cruise again, and again. It is the best ! ! !

It seems you had a good time. I used the striped towels that were thicker than the regular blue ones. You can always bring your own towels, too, if you want.

As for liquor pick up, that notice was written in the Free Style Daily. It can be picked up on the last evening of the cruise. If you are disembarking on a Sunday, it can be picked up Saturday night during certain hours. There is always someone to ask about it. The best way is to ask the receptionist. You can always call 00.

I did not have room service, so I can't say what it was about. We did eat in raffles, Windows, Cagney's for my birthday and it was nice. Raffles closes up for a while and serves snacks between a certain time. There was always some kind of food to be served. In the Biergarten, they had burgers and hot dogs, too. We ate there a few times.

I am glad you had a good time with your family. No matter where one travels, think of the good things.

Happy Cruisn

Archived