Princess Cigarette purchase policy... ?

herb

On our past cruises with different cruiselines I had waited until the duty free shops were opened and then bought duty free cigarettes, which I was able to take to my stateroom and use throughout the cruise ... never a problem

When we sailed with Princess to Scandinavia last summer I intended to do the same and was surprised when the duty free shop said they wouldn't give me the carton until the end of the cruise. I ended up having to go to a bar and buy a pack when I needed cigarettes. Is this a Princess policy or just because we were sailing in Europe as opposed to the Caribbean??? I found the policy quite strange to say the least. ( I knew cruiselines held liquor to the end, but never heard of them holding cigarettes as well)

We are sailing Princess in July and I want to know if the policy we encountered in Scandinavia aboard Princess is the same policy we'll encounter in the Caribbean.

I still believe it is still a vendor which has that concession.

Call Customer Service (1-800) PRI NCESs Customer Service ..as that why they do get paid well to answer paying passengers questions..

I do buy American Tobacco as gifts aboard too.

On our past cruises with different cruiselines I had waited until the duty free shops were opened and then bought duty free cigarettes, which I was able to take to my stateroom and use throughout the cruise ... never a problem

When we sailed with Princess to Scandinavia last summer I intended to do the same and was surprised when the duty free shop said they wouldn't give me the carton until the end of the cruise. I ended up having to go to a bar and buy a pack when I needed cigarettes. Is this a Princess policy or just because we were sailing in Europe as opposed to the Caribbean??? I found the policy quite strange to say the least. ( I knew cruiselines held liquor to the end, but never heard of them holding cigarettes as well)

We are sailing Princess in July and I want to know if the policy we encountered in Scandinavia aboard Princess is the same policy we'll encounter in the Caribbean.

On Sun Princess last week to Alaska and they held cigs till the last day also. Did not do that last year on Holland America so we were quite surprised also. Checked the price of cigs in port, Skagway grocery store was selling them for $56.00 a carton! We bought from the bar!

herb,

You will see the same policy onboard in the Caribbean as you did in Scandinavia. They don't deliver the cartons until the last night (just like the liquor). You will have to purchase your cigarettes at the bars onboard.;)

Herb-ALL sailings are the same on Princess when it comes to this. Alcohol and cigarettes are both held until the final night onboard. There is no way to purchase them and take them to your cabin during the cruise unless you buy them by the pack at the bars. Better take along what you need for the entire cruise packed in your luggage. Only exception would be if you are in the Caribbean. You can purchase them on the islands and take them direct to your stateroom.

Archived