Formal enough?

We are cruising on Carnival Glory in September, 7 night Western Caribbean. The only other cruise we've been on had a VERY informal formal night, but it was only a 4 night on RCCL, and I wore a knee length strapless black cocktail dress...fit right in.

I bought this dress last week to wear to a wedding, and it fits like a dream! It is seriously the most flattering thing I own, and I was wondering if I dressed it up with accessories and gold strappy heels, could I get away with it for one of the formal nights?

greendress-1.jpg

I have tons of black or black/white cocktail dresses (most of them from White House Black Market) but LOVE this green dress! It's going with me, regardless, but opinions needed from veteran cruisers!

Well...since you mentioned it... :)

This is my other pick for formal night. I don't think that the brooch will look good on the green one. It is more of a surplice neckline rather than a deep vee. I'll give it a try, though. (Forgive me, I have no tan. I hope you aren't blinded by my translucent legs!)

golddress2.jpg

That dress is just perfect and I can't imagine why you would even question it. "Formal" night runs the whole gammit from evening gowns to a dress that you could wear to work. Your green dress and the ivory dress are PERFECT cocktail dresses. ENJOY

Archived