St. Maarten Getting Ready for Genesis

This article is from the Netherlands Antilles Daily Herald

http://www.thedailyherald.com/news/daily/k011/ship011.html

Interesting article. I suspect that other major Caribbean ports are also checking to see if their facilities will satisfy Genesis' requirements and, if not, determining whether or not the cost of revamping those facilities will be worth it to attract these enormous ships. At least, initially, I think that ports such as Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten will be ports of call for Genesis as well as some ports in the western Caribbean. I'm not sure how much longer or wider Genesis ships will be than ships already in service, so the physical requirements, including draft, may not be that significant a factor.:)

• 4 weeks later...

I can't say for sure but I don't think Genesis will be docking at the Galapogos. I want to go there too:) But in my research I have read that a lot of times you take small ships that hold anywhere from 8 to just under or just over a 100 passengers. Lots of times you have to tender to the islands because the ship can not dock.

Archived