Looking for the best affordable tour of St. Lucia on June 20

kculater

I am looking for the best affordable St. Lucia Tour for June 20. I will be on Royal Carribean Cruise arriving at 8:00 am and departing at 5:00 pm. Will we have enough time to do a tour of the island, eat, shop and go to the beach? We are interested in tour around and seeing Soufriere - volcano and waterfalls. I have heard not to purchase cruiseline excursions because they are overpriced and to use local operators. I am a little skeptical but willing to give it a try. Please be honest with me regarding any tour operators, ideas, locations etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kim

I would with out a doubt recommend Cosol. His tour was great, fairly priced and he supplied food and drink for all. He is very frinedly and infomrative.

Make sure you tell him ahead of time what it is you want to see and do. His van seats about 15 people. THe cost was $45 a person and you pay at the end of the tour.

I would suggest that you try out www.serenitytvl they had so much to offer that our time was too short because my cruise was departing earlier than usual. They got a great ambassador service (Sherma) was really wonderful. We got all the highlights of St.Lucia,Tasted their sweet bananas was able to spend some time in the volcano, went to a waterfall,that was really nice. Though our time was too short we plan on doing this again next year. I can only speak about the service that we got REMARKABLE. I guess St.Lucian are just generally Friendly.

Zee

hi Kim

this is Don527 from the Adventure of the Seas cruise that we are going together on. Just saw this.

We are taking a tour with Herod, it cost $45 for the day (around 5-6 hrs). As many others have described on the board, you see and do quite a bit.

I dont have his website or email with me, but i am sure you can locate it on this thread. If you need it and want to contact him, let me know and I will try and find it if you can not locate it.

I think you will enjoy this type of tour, it is reasonably priced, dont think it is strenuous, so your mom can enjoy.

one point, the roads are windy. I have bought some Bonine for my 1 daughter as she once in a while gets car sick, so will give the Bonine as a precaution

Thx don

Another vote for Cosol! This was one of the best island excursions we have had in 4 cruises. Very economical, $45 PP includes the tour and many snacks along the way. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Cosol is very dependable and friendly. Be sure to try Big Momma's fish cakes with banana ketchup!:D

Another vote for Cosol! This was one of the best island excursions we have had in 4 cruises. Very economical, $45 PP includes the tour and many snacks along the way. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Cosol is very dependable and friendly. Be sure to try Big Momma's fish cakes with banana ketchup!:D

HI Celticd1

Could you please give me the e-mail and/or web address for Cosol. He sounds like the guide we are looking for!!!

Thanks alot.......:cool: :cool:

The best tour I have ever been on. You will get to take plenty of pictures of the island. I will never book a cruise line excursion ever again. I had never considered a private tour before until my recent Destiny cruise. I did 3 private tours. They were amazing. The cruise line tours are so crowded, not very personal, no personality. I loved the tour with Cosol. I went with Beno adventure tours in Dominica, he was great too. I went with Lawrence in Antigua. I saw the beauty of the islands. If I ever get back to St Lucia, I will do another tour with Cosol. I enjoyed the tour that much. He was amazing, and you will not get hungry because of the food samples you get to sample. I can't express just how much I really did enjoy this tour. I was very nervous about booking a private tour, and being left on the island. But not a single thing to be worried about, I was back in plenty of time and some extra time for even some light shopping. I will never forget my tour of St Lucia with Cosol. He is an amazing tour guide. I hope you enjoy the day as much as I did. I was on his tour the week of May 13-20, 2007, so my review is recent. It was an amazing day!!!!! Robin

hi Kim

this is Don527 from the Adventure of the Seas cruise that we are going together on. Just saw this.

We are taking a tour with Herod, it cost $45 for the day (around 5-6 hrs). As many others have described on the board, you see and do quite a bit.

I dont have his website or email with me, but i am sure you can locate it on this thread. If you need it and want to contact him, let me know and I will try and find it if you can not locate it.

I think you will enjoy this type of tour, it is reasonably priced, dont think it is strenuous, so your mom can enjoy.

one point, the roads are windy. I have bought some Bonine for my 1 daughter as she once in a while gets car sick, so will give the Bonine as a precaution

Thx don

Hey Don,

Thanks for the information, I ended up booking with Cosol before I saw your message. See you in 10 days!

Thanks

Kim

I'm going to be giving Peter the Great a shot on the 20th of June. He is charging $55, and I know he'd like to get some more people on the tour as he only has a few couples right now. I chose his tour because it sounded like less sitting in a van and more being in a boat and relaxing at the beach and being more active. That sounded more our speed, but I hope I'm not mistaken! We'd love to have anyone else interested join us!

I would like to look into this tour for July 5, but do not know how to contact Peter the Great. Do you have any contact information? I don't think my family would enjoy 5-6 hours in a van no matter how scenic the trip might be. A land and sea tour would be more to our liking.

Aggiemundo, please could you give us a review of your Peter the Great trip when you are back after your cruise in June. We leave 14 December and I am also interested in this excursion as I also prefer to be on a boat in the water than in a van on the land. We are more interested in the scenery from the boat and snorkelling.

Many thanks

Linda

I highly recommend Cosol's Tour! It is a great value...you get to see so many things like others have mentioned and time at the beach. He is very friendly and tells you all about St. Lucia. You have many opportunities to try to local food(seconds if wanted) and all the cool beverages you want...everything was wonderful! You can't go wrong with Cosol's Tour!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I booked with Cosol tour for Wednesday, July 23. I was on Royal Carriben Adventure of the Seas. As I stated above I was very skeptical about booking an excursion outside of the cruiseline. I will never again book an excursion through the cruiseline, it is overpriced and you don't get everything you possible get from the locals.

The Cosol tour only cost $45 per person and it included all entrance fees to sites where there was a fee to enter. You paid cash at the end of the tour. The tour was awesome. The vans were air conditioned and clean. I didn't have Cosol as my driver but I had Adrian and he was great. The group in the van asked several questions regarding the culture and area and he answered them all. He also provided some humor. I really enjoyed being able to see the island and sample the foods. This is something the cruiseline don't offer. The fish cakes, johnny cakes, fruit, bread and cheese were awesome! So was the hot sauce. They also offered banana ketchup (I tried it, it wasn't bad). I know some people that loved it enough to purchase it. They offered water, soda, rum punch etc. any time we stopped or if you asked. We didn't stop for lunch but after all the snacks we had along the way I wasn't that hungry. When I got back to the ship we stopped at Promenade and got a slice a pizza to hold us over to late dinner seating at 8:30 pm. Our tour consisted of visiting the waterfall, Soufiere, drive in volcano, fishing village, banana plantation, piton mountains and we had some time at the beach at the Hilton Jalousie. If I end up in St. Lucia again I would definitely book with Cosol! :D

Kim

• 2 weeks later...
I am sorry to confuse you. I meant to say June 23.

I guess I can't read the calendar or my eyes are going bad. I meant to say June 20.

If you have any questions regarding Cosol Tour I am more than happy to answer.

Kim

Archived