LatinTrip.com and Argentinas-hotels.com--ok for hotel bookings?

Tenngal

I have received quotes from LatinTrip.com (chile-hotels) and from argentinas-hotels.com for my hotel stays in Santiago and Buenos Aires. Are these sites reputable? I am worried about committing my credit card # before knowing if these companies are trustworthy!

Ras,

That is what I first tried, but both hotels I want (Orly and Claridge) say they are booked for the nights I want. However, LatinTrip and Argentinas-hotels show rooms available, which makes me think they have blocked-off rooms (I hope).

I just want to be sure I don't make a stupid mistake and book with an unreliable company for these reservations.

Tenngal,

I had also looked up the Orly Hotel in Santiago and found that on their chart they had no vacancies. I then emailed them, found something on their website, and got a response within about three hours or so. They had vacancies for the dates we wanted in February. I am sorry I do not remember what I did to email them but keep looking on their site and you will find it. I now have to send them my cc number by email or fax. I do not know which is the safest.

Have a great cruise. :)

S&B,

I've now googled both LatinTrip and Argentinas, and found nothing to make me think they are scamming people. I'm still having no luck finding rooms direct with the hotels. So, I think I'm going to roll the dice and book these rooms with LT and Arg. Even if it ends up that this does not pan out, both cities are big enough that I'll find some shelter! If I DO get scammed, I can still retaliate by majorly bad-mouthing them on the 'net!:eek:

Archived